Are you crockin' along with me this Crocktober? To go along with our Crock-tober Cookbook, I thought it would be fun to throw in some bonus slow cooker dessert ideas!
This caramel pumpkin cake is really good for any Fall function (or ANY time of year, really!).
Sticky Caramel Pumpkin Cake
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup butter softened
- 4 large eggs
- 15 oz pure pumpkin
- 12 oz caramel sauce
- Coat a 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray then turn on high.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, beat sugars and butter with an electric mixer for about 3 minutes, then add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each one. Add pumpkin, blend until well combined.
- Gradually add flour mixture and beat at low speed for a minute or so until smooth. Spread evenly in prepared slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high 2 hours or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- Let cake stand, uncovered 10 minutes.
- Invert onto wire rack, invert again onto serving plate.
- Drizzle half of caramel sauce over cake. Serve warm with additional sauce.
Don't forget you can sign up for your free Crock-tober grocery list, menu plan and cookbook over HERE. Here's a peek at Day One's Recipe Crock-tober recipe!
See more Crock-tober desserts here:
SUMMER SURVIVAL KIT SAMPLE
Download your FREE recipes now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.
Anne Gideon says
What If your crockpot is a 6 qt.?
Phoebe - PPP Team says
With a larger crockpot, you’ll need to adjust the cooking time. I would probably make this cake for the first time when I was able to be home to watch it. Hope that helps!
Steven Goodwin says
That pumpkin caramel cake looks delicious and easy to make! I’m going to have to save that recipe and make it in the next couple weeks!