FREE WORK PLANNER
You definitely don't want to miss this Sopapilla Cheesecake Recipe. It's DELICIOUS (and no homemade dough needed!).
Sopapilla Cheesecake Recipe
The first time I tasted this Sopapilla Cheesecake I was at a potluck. I thought that these were just the fanciest cheesecake bars!
I was thinking to myself – wow those must have taken FOREVER to make.
I decided to ask for the recipe anyway because they were just sooooo delicious! So when I found out the ingredients I absolutely could not believe what went in these AND how easy they can be to make.
🎯MENU Tip! This delicious sopapilla cheesecake recipe is from Week 6 of our Freezer Meals – 60 meals, 12 desserts, plus weekly grocery lists – shipped RIGHT TO YOU!
What is Sopapilla?
Sopapillas typically are a deep fried pastry – think French beignets or donuts. This delicious Sopapilla Cheesecake actually uses Pillsbury dough – no need to fuss with a homemade dough for this dessert. The Pillsbury crescents make this treat soft and flaky and all the things that make a dessert delicious!
What ingredients are in Sopapilla cheesecake bars?
The secret ingredient is….
Pillsbury Crescent Dough Sheets!!!
Seriously, why am I not surprised? Anything with crescent rolls is simply AMAZING! Throw in some cream cheese, vanilla, an egg, sugar and cinnamon and you've got perfection in a dish. 🙂
How to make Sopapilla Cheesecake:
It is so incredibly simple to whip up this Sopapilla Cheesecake Recipe!
Unroll the crescent rolls, pinching the perforations to make 1 big sheet. Or better yet, use the new crescent sheets that are available now. I LOVE those! You could use the generic version of crescents too, but these Pillsbury Crescent Sheets are so easy to use.
Note: It might not be pretty because dough never cooperates – but it'll be tasty!
Be sure to mix together the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and egg until smooth. You'll then spread the cream cheese mixture over the first layer of crescent rolls.
Carefully lay the second can of crescent roll dough over the cream cheese cheesecake filling mixture and stretch to completely cover.
Melt butter and pour evenly over the crescents.
Lastly, sprinkle the yummy cinnamon sugar mixture on top of the dough.
To finish these cheesecake bars, you'll bake for about 30 minutes in a 350°F preheated oven. Let them stand 15 minutes or until the cheesecake bars have been able to cool completely (if you can wait) 🙂
I enjoy these Sopapilla Cheesecakes warm with a drizzle of honey – but they are super yummy cold too! I love the texture this has – almost like a pie filling or smooth like an ice cream.
Get in my tummy! 😍😍😍
Does Sopapilla Cheesecake need to be refrigerated?
Well that depends if you have leftovers, ha!!
We do recommend refrigerating these after baking since they have cream cheese in them. You can eat them cold or reheat in the microwave a few seconds. 🙂
- 2 8 oz pkgs Refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 8 oz pkgs cream cheese Softened
- 1 1/2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 Tbsp butter Melted
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- honey, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Unroll one can of crescent rolls in the bottom of a 13x9-inch glass baking dish. Use your fingers to press the dough into the bottom of the dish, pinching the perforations as needed.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, vanilla, egg and 1 cup sugar until smooth and fluffy, about 1 to 2 minutes. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the dough. Unroll the second can of dough, pressing perforations to seal. Carefully lay on top of the cream cheese mixture, stretching the dough to cover the cream cheese.
- Pour melted butter evenly over top of dough. Stir together the remaining ½ cup sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the top of the dough.
- Bake until the dough is cooked through and the cinnamon sugar has formed a nice crust, about 30-35 minutes. Cool 15 minutes before cutting. Serve warm or cooled with a drizzle of honey, if desired.
Did you give this recipe a try? Let us know what you think in the comments!
You can find this dessert recipe (plus 71 other recipes!) in our Menu Planning Made Easy freezer menu plan!