Do you use coupons every time you shop? Do you sometimes feel incredibly overwhelmed at times with all that goes into saving with coupons? If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm all about giving yourself some grace even when couponing, and have had to be content with saving as much as I can (easily) during an incredibly busy-stressful-I-don't-know-how-to-keep-up-every-day season in my life. (I'll explain lots more once our move is finally all done, but just know it's been a bigger adjustment than I anticipated!)
Because I normally do use quite a few coupons, it's rare for me to shop without any extra savings. This week though I made my normal Publix trip and didn't have most of the coupons that I needed, so to make life easier I decided only to use my $5/$50 Star Market coupon (a local competitor here in North Alabama.) I really (really!) don't enjoy shopping without coupons, but there was just no way to get the coupons I needed, so I decided to shop anyway. There were a few good sales on items we needed, so I still wanted to stock up!
Just for fun, I thought I'd compare what my cost would have been using only sales vs. using sales AND coupons. Here's a breakdown:
Don't judge my Cadbury Egg purchases. They only come out once a year. I have to stockpile. 😉
- Bought 1 SuperPretzel BOGO $3.19
- Bought 1 Aunt Jemima Waffles BOGO $2.25
- Bought 1 Spring Mix Salad Blend $4.99 (I bought this brand last week and loved it for salads – since I eat them most days for lunch it's worth $5 to me!)
- Bought 4 packages of Cadbury Cream Eggs 50% off $1.65 each
- Bought 3 Peter Pan Peanut Butter BOGO $3.09
- Bought 1 Mueller Pasta BOGO $1.69
- Bought 4 pounds Royal Gala Apples $1.49/lb. $5.27 total
- Bought 2 Del Monte Fruit $2
- Bought 1 Oscar Mayer Turkey BOGO $5.29
- Bought 2 Sunshine Cheezits BOGO $3.39
- Bought 6 Quaker Dips BOGO $2.34
- Bought Large Fruit Salad BOGO $10.57 (my kids were so excited – they love that stuff!)
- Bought 3 Musselmann Apple Sauce BOGO $2.29
- Bought 2 Nabisco Snack Packs BOGO $6.49
- Used $5/$50 coupon
- Paid $52.33 out of pocket, saved $44.91
- (1) $0.50/1 Superpretzel Soft Pretzel – 4-13-14 RP – (exp. 05/25/14)
- (3) $0.50/1 Peter Pan Peanut Butter, exp. 6/30/14 (Conagra and P&G Help End Child Hunger Booklet – has anyone seen this?)
- (1) $0.75/1 Mueller's Pot Sized Pasta or $0.75/1 Mueller's Pot Sized Pasta – 4-6-14 SS – (exp. 06/05/14) (I couldn't get mine to print?)
- (3) $1.00/1 Quaker Big and Chewy Bars (1) box or (2) Bars – 3-23-14 RP – (exp. 05/03/14)
- (1) $0.75/1 Keebler Cookies or Crackers, 6.6 oz or Larger; Redeem for 500 Points – KelloggsFamilyRewards.com– $1.50/1 Keebler Cookie or Cracker, 6.6 oz or Larger; Redeem For 1000 Points – KelloggsFamilyRewards.com– $1.50/1 Keebler Cookies or Crackers, 6.6 oz or Larger; Redeem for 1000 Points – KelloggsFamilyRewards.com– $1.00/2 Keebler Crackers, 8 oz or Larger – 4-13-14 RP – (exp. 06/08/14)
2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK!
Download your FREE 2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.