FREE WORK PLANNER
This pumpkin spice cake with cream cheese frosting is done right in your slow cooker. Making it the perfect fall dessert. Try it today!
Pumpkin Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
If you're searching for the perfect fall dessert, this one might be it! This pumpkin spice cake is made right in the slow cooker so it makes it nice to set and then go to a pumpkin patch or just be outside enjoying the fall weather 🙂 It's also topped with an absolutely delicious cream cheese frosting. So so good!
Ingredients needed for Pumpkin Spice Cake:
- boxed spice cake mix
- pumpkin puree
- canola oil
- pumpkin pie spice
- cream cheese
- powdered sugar
- walnuts (optional)
- caramel sauce (optional)
MENU TIP: This Pumpkin Spice Cake recipe is from week 5 of our Slow Cooker volume 1menu planning made easy set!
How to make a pumpkin spice cake using Spice cake and Pumpkin:
Line a slow cooker with parchment paper and grab a large mixing bowl. Mix the spice mix, pumpkin, water, oil, eggs, and pumpkin pie mix until fully combined. Add into your slow cooker and secure a paper towel under the lid of your cooker. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour 45 minutes to 2 hours or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Once it's fully cooked, remove the crock from your slow cooker and allow to cool 10 – 15 minute. Then lift the cake out of the cooker and allow to cool COMPLETELY before frosting.
Don't forget the frosting! The cream cheese frosting on this spice cake really makes it special. Here's how to make the BEST frosting for Pumpkin Spice Cake:
Mix your cream cheese and butter (both softened!) along with the vanilla and powdered sugar until fully combined and fluffy. Once the cake is completely cooled, spread this over the cake.
Top the pumpkin spice cake with chopped walnuts and a drizzle of caramel if you'd like!
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- walnuts chopped, for topping (optional)
- caramel sauce for topping (optional)
- Line a slow cooker with parchment paper or a liner.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake ingredients and mix until fully combined.
- Spread batter into slow cooker. Secure a paper towel under the lid of the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour 45 minutes to 2 hours or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove crock from slow cooker and let cake cool 10 - 15 minutes. Then lift cake out of slow cooker and cool completely before frosting.
- Meanwhile, mix cream cheese, butter, vanilla and powdered sugar together until fully combined and fluffy. Spread this over the cake after it has cooled completely.
- Top cake with chopped walnuts and serve with a drizzle of caramel sauce, if desired.
Looking for more yummy meals? This recipe is from week five of our slow cooker volume one menu plans, including this meal + 59 other AMAZING recipes (and 12 desserts too)! You'll also get lifetime membership in our private Facebook group, full of other families encouraging one another to make dinner each night together too.
These are the BEST MENU PLANS on the planet (and, the only menu plan that ship all the grocery lists, menu plans and recipe cards right out to you ~ no downloading or hunting down recipes on your phone at dinnertime ever again!) Go HERE to learn more. I know you're going to love these!
Print your Free Monthly Meal Plan Calendar and join us in making yummy food for your family each night.
If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.