FREE HOME PLANNING
When a business owes you money but can’t send it to you, they may turn it over to the state. But you can file a claim and get your missing money back!
Find out if you have missing money!
Did you know that you may have unclaimed money that's owed to you ~ and not even know it?! 😱 Whenever a business owes you money but can’t send it to you for various reasons (change of address, phone number, etc), they may turn it over to the state?
Each state holds onto that money and keeps a detailed list of whom it belongs to. If some of it’s yours, you can file a claim to get it back into your pocket!
In fact, my friend Mary visited the Credit Karma Missing Money site and saw that she was owed almost $100 – so it's definitely worth checking out! And she did in fact get a check in the mail!
Here's how to get started:
- Visit CreditKarma.com and create an account or log into your existing account. You can also get your completely FREE credit score while you're there!
- Select your state and you'll then be redirected to your state's website.
- Be sure to check all the places you've lived as well as search under your maiden name.
- Submit the claim and check your email for the required documents you'll need to send in in order to receive your cash (copy of social security card, drivers license, etc).
Note that there may be a finder's fee paid to the person helping receive unclaimed property. From what I can tell, this should be no more than 5% of the total amount of your missing money, but it will vary.
Other ways to see if you have missing money:
- Search the Workers Owed Wages site for employers who've had unpaid wages. I thought this was fascinating! Go HERE if you think you've worked for a company that's missed paying you wages.
- Visit Unclaimed.org or MissingMoney.com to see if your name pops up in their database. In most states you can search directly there, but some states require you to search from the state's missing money site. If your state isn't participating, Missing Money will re-direct you to your state's website.
Do you have any missing money? Leave a comment to share what you've found! We would love to hear some success stories and can't wait to hear if it's worked for you!
Other posts you may be interested in today:
FREE HOME PLANNING CHECKLISTS!
Download your FREE checklists now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.