I decided to check out our local Costco this morning, and goodness do I have some thoughts to share with you about that place. It's going to take me a few minutes to get all the information gathered up, so be watching for it shortly while I do a little price comparing! Here are the things that I picked up that I think were worth the price:
- 3 gallons milk $2.69/gallon (the cheapest I've seen here in Ohio is around $2.99, and it's even $3.09 at Aldi, so I was pleased with that price)
- 2 1/2 dozen eggs $3.99 (ends up being $1.33/dozen and the best price I've seen here as well)
- Rice Krispies Treats $7.99 after automatic coupon ($.14 each)
- 2 packs Finish Detergent Tabs $14.49 buy one get one free after automatic coupon (makes them $.065 per tab – I was so pleased with that price!)
- watermelon $3.99
- Organic Salad Blend $4.49
- Total = $43.02
I don't know if I'm the only one who's like this, but it was all I could do not to stop happy Costco shoppers and let them know which items they could get for a better price elsewhere. (I did catch one sweet lady who didn't know about the buy one get one coupon on those Finish Detergent tabs ~ I just couldn't let her leave the store without taking home her free box!) 😉 I think there are decent savings to be had there, but you have GOT to know your prices before easily spending too much.
(Shannon and I just got off the phone discussing how there's just a lure to buy too much at Sam's & Costco even for us penny pinchers ~ DON'T BE TEMPTED TO BUY TOO MUCH! Whew, thanks for letting me share that . . . I feel much better now.) 😉
Stop back shortly for lots more updates on how to know what to buy there, and if you just love shopping Costco, I'd love to hear what are your favorite items to buy when you're there! And be sure to print off this free printable stock up grocery price list if you haven't gotten it already.
LOW CALORIE MENU PLAN SAMPLE!
Download 3 FREE recipes from the low calorie menu plan NOW!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.