FREE BUDGET WORKSHEET DOWNLOAD!
This is a guest post by Lydia at Five4Five Meals, and I know you all will love it! Find more recipes from Lydia over HERE.
There are few things in this world my husband loves more than ham. Me, our baby, his mama. And I think that’s it. Way back at Easter he asked me to cook a ham for his mother’s visit to town. It was going to be just the three of us so I knew I would be left with massive amounts of ham.
Boy, was I right. I sent some home with my mother-in-law, I made a quiche, I made a pizza and I made cheesy ham muffins. And I STILL had ham left over. Thank goodness for our deep freezer.
I think of all the things I made the cheesy ham muffins were the biggest hit. Paired with some roasted green beans and a fresh fruit salad and we had ourselves a meal!
Ham And Cheese Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup milk I used 2 %
- 1 egg beaten well
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups cubed ham great if you have any in the freezer left over from Easter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2-3 scallions diced
- Preheat your oven to 350 and line two muffin pans.
- Combine the first seven ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Fold in your ham, cheese and scallions
- Pour into muffin pans, filling each cup 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350.
Lydia Senn of Five4Five Meals is a former stressed-out newspaper reporter turned freelance writer, wife and mama who blogs about home cooking on a budget. She loves to create interesting recipes for her little family and when she isn't blogging, or chasing a toddler she can be found at her local library. You can find all of her recipes here. Here are a few of my favorites:
Looking for more recipe ideas? Start HERE.
FREE BUDGET WORKSHEET!
Download your FREE worksheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.