There are few things in this world my husband loves more than ham. Me, our baby, his mama. And I think that’s it. Way back at Easter he asked me to cook a ham for his mother’s visit to town. It was going to be just the three of us so I knew I would be left with massive amounts of ham.
Boy, was I right. I sent some home with my mother-in-law, I made a quiche, I made a pizza and I made cheesy ham muffins. And I STILL had ham left over. Thank goodness for our deep freezer.
I think of all the things I made the cheesy ham muffins were the biggest hit. Paired with some roasted green beans and a fresh fruit salad and we had ourselves a meal!
Ham And Cheese Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup milk I used 2 %
- 1 egg beaten well
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups cubed ham great if you have any in the freezer left over from Easter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2-3 scallions diced
- Preheat your oven to 350 and line two muffin pans.
- Combine the first seven ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Fold in your ham, cheese and scallions
- Pour into muffin pans, filling each cup 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350.
Lydia Senn of Five4Five Meals is a former stressed-out newspaper reporter turned freelance writer, wife and mama who blogs about home cooking on a budget. She loves to create interesting recipes for her little family and when she isn't blogging, or chasing a toddler she can be found at her local library. You can find all of her recipes here. Here are a few of my favorites:
Looking for more recipe ideas? Start HERE.
LOW CALORIE MENU PLAN SAMPLE!
Download 3 FREE recipes from the low calorie menu plan NOW!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.