FREE 5 Ingredients or Less
Menus Sneak Peek!
Yesterday we survived a sixteen hour road trip. (To be honest, I'm typing this yesterday, so I'm assuming we'll allow our kids to survive the whole trip. We'll see.) We woke up at 2 AM, and drove, and drove, and d.r.o.v.e.
But, since my kids are expert travelers, I've leaned a few tricks along the way. We borrowed a DVD player from a friend, however across eight states they only watched a movie for about an hour. (My hubby is old school and thinks they need to look out the windows to see the scenery instead of being not be glued to a screen. Definitely a sore spot at times, but they do pretty well with it because that's the way they've grown up!)
So, to make the trip go a little smoother, when I'm on top of things I pack little “surprises”. Every hour or so, they each get a paper sack to unpack. Thanks to the Easter clearance sales at Target I was pretty stocked up, and they loved looking forward to their next treat! Here's what was included:
- Dollar Tree markers and coloring books
- Pez Dispensers and a few other candy treats (the Pez were clearanced at Easter and a HUGE hit)
- a Kumon workbook for my two younger girls (this was my one splurge, and I let my older son choose a new book for his Kindle)
- an old Rubix cube and some game cards I found in our kids craft cabinet
- Dollar Tree sunglasses
- a few free printables (free summer Mad Libs & Color by Number worksheets)
- a pack of gum
- a water bottle with lemonade mix
- Played “home or away” ~ the kids watch for cars from other states and try to figure out whether they're on their way home or away
- The states game (of course!)
- Colored pictures of their “dream” home
5 INGREDIENTS MENU PLAN SAMPLE
Download your FREE recipes now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.