Last night we discussed what a CVS “ECB” (Extra Care Buck) is, so tonight it's time to really put that into practice! I know it feels like a lot to understand if you're new to drug store shopping, but I promise the deals at the drug stores are worth it (especially on Thanksgiving, which is just around the corner really!) My goal is for you to really grasp drug store shopping prior to the big sales days which are coming up not too far from now.
Each Friday night here on PPP, my friend Shannon does a ton of work putting together a scenario that maps out exactly how to get the most for your money the following Sunday at CVS. You can check always check those scenarios out in the CVS archives, but here's just one example of how these scenarios will work.
(Note, this is not an actual scenario for a current sale ~ you can find those HERE.)
CVS Scenarios Example
Buy 2 Colgate Multipack Toothbrushes $4.49 (Total = $8.98), Earn $3 in ECBs when you buy 2 Colgate Toothbrushes
Buy 1 Scope Mouthwash $3.99, (Total = $3.99), Earn $3 in ECBs when you buy 2 Scope Mouthwashes
Total before coupons and ECBs = $12.97
- Use (2) $2/1 Colgate coupons
- AND use (1) $1/1 Scope coupon
- Pay $7.97 out of pocket
- Get back $6 in ECBs to use towards your next CVS purchase ($3 in ECBs because you bough 2 Colgate and $3 in ECBs because you bought 1 Scope)
Buy 2 Right Guard Deodorants $3 (Total = $6)
Buy 1 Zantac $8.99 (Total = $8.99) Earn $4 in ECBs when you buy 1 Zantac
Total before coupons and ECBs = $14.99
- Use (2) $1.50/1 Right Guard coupons
- AND use $4/1 Zantac coupon
- AND use $6 ECBs from Transaction #1
- Pay $1.99 out of pocket
- Get back $4 in ECBs to use towards your next CVS purchase ($4 in ECBs because you bought 1 Zantac)
Buy 1 CVS Diapers $6.99 (Total = $6.99), Earn $2 in ECBs when you buy 1 CVS diapers
Total before coupons and ECBs = $6.99
- Use $2/1 CVS diaper coupon
- AND use $4 in ECBs from Transaction #2
- Pay $.99 out of pocket
- Get back $2 in ECBs to use towards other items at CVS OR save them to use on a new ECB deal in the future!
If there's an ECB offer that requires you to spend XX dollars to get XX ECBS, you can separate that amount over several transactions.
Stop back tomorrow night for a few final CVS'ing tips, and let me know what questions and suggestions you have as well! If you're new to CVS'ing, you'll want to also read through these posts to get started:
- 15 Days of Pinching Pennies at the Drug Stores (Day 1)
- 15 Days of Pinching Pennies at the Drug Stores (Day 2): How to Save at CVS
- 15 Days of Pinching Pennies at the Drug Stores (Day 3): What Is a CVS “ECB”?
- Updated list of CVS savings currently available
CHRISTMAS MADE EASY!
Download your FREE Ultimate Christmas Checklist now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.