This scrumptious chocolate chip pecan pie recipe just tastes like everything wonderful about the Thanksgiving – nutty, chocolatey, gooey and totally over the top decadent!
Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie Recipe
Need a crowd-pleasing Southern dessert for Thanksgiving? I think you'll love this family recipe!
This chocolate chip pecan pie might just be my favorite pie ever. It tastes almost identical to the famous Derby Pie of Louisville, Ky.My brother-in-law makes it every Thanksgiving, and if it were up to me I’d bypass the turkey and dressing completely, and gobble down this fabulous pie first (in fact, I've been known to do that a time or two!)
The recipe comes from Patti’s Restaurant in Western Kentucky (also home to the famous Boo-Boo Pie, and the largest Pork Chops you’ve ever seen), so you know it’s gotta be good. In fact, it's my go-to pie to make this time of year 🙂
Here's the recipe that I'm sure will become a new favorite in your family too. . . enjoy!!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup melted butter (it’s just not as good with margarine!)
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 6 oz. of Semi-Sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans or pecan halves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 9 inch unbaked pie shell
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Mix together sugar and flour. Add melted butter and blend well.
- Stir in eggs, chocolate chips, nuts and vanilla.
- Pour mixture into pie shell. Bake in oven for one hour or until golden brown.
- Pie will wiggle a little when done; but will continue to set as it cools. Serves 8.
I think you'll also REALLY want to try out these Peanut Butter Buckeye Balls
And this weirdly delicious Christmas Crack recipe with Saltine Crackers!
2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK!
Download your FREE 2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.