Try this best ever Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie ~ delicious and so simple with just a few basic ingredients you probably already have!
Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie Recipe
This chocolate chip pecan pie might just be my favorite pie ever.
It tastes almost identical to the famous Derby Pie of Louisville, Ky.My brother-in-law makes it every Thanksgiving, and if it were up to me I’d bypass the turkey and dressing completely, and gobble down this fabulous pie first (in fact, I've been known to do that a time or two!).
The recipe comes from Patti’s Restaurant in Western Kentucky (also home to the famous Boo-Boo Pie, and the largest Pork Chops you’ve ever seen), so you know it has GOT to be good. In fact, it's my go-to pie to make this time of year 🙂
Here's the recipe – I'm sure will become a new favorite in your family too. . . enjoy!!
You'll want to start with all of your pie ingredients:
- butter (melted)
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- unbaked pie shell
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees, and then start mixing your sugar and flour together. Add in your melted butter and mix well. You can use margarine, but the flavor truly is better if you use real butter.
Next, stir in your eggs, chocolate chips, nuts, and vanilla. Pour the mixture into the uncooked pie shell.
Bake in the oven for an hour, or until golden grown. The pie will wiggle a bit when it is done – but will continue to set as it cools.
Top with ice cream or whipped cream and enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup melted butter (you can use margarine, but it's just not quite as good as with real butter!)
- 2 egg slightly beaten
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans chopped or halves
- 9 in unbaked pie shell
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Mix together sugar and flour. Add melted butter and blend well.
- Stir in eggs, chocolate chips, nuts, and vanilla.
- Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Bake in oven for one hour or until golden brown.
- Pie will wiggle a little when done; but will continue to set as it cools.
I think you'll also REALLY want to try out these Peanut Butter Buckeye Balls
And this weirdly delicious Christmas Crack recipe with Saltine Crackers!
Let us know if you try any of these delicious recipes or if you have a family favorite that you make each year. We're always looking for new recipes to try!
CELEBRATION MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE sample menus today!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.