Chicken and Broccoli Braid
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken meat
- 1 cup fresh broccoli chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 8 ounce packages refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 egg white beaten
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Toss together first ten ingredients in bowl.
- Unroll crescent dough, and arrange on flat baking pan (you'll have two rows of squares across and four rows of squares down - does that make sense at all?)
- Pinch together the perforations in the crescent rolls so that it's one large rectangle.
- Keeping a three inch strip in the center, cut slits on the right and left side for your braid.
- Spread the chicken mixture down the center of the Pillsbury crescent rolls, then braid the dough over the chicken mixture.
- Whisk together egg white, and brush the braided dough with the egg white.
- Bake at 375 for 25-28 minutes, or until golden brown.
Here are the sale items you’ll want to watch for this week to make this meal:
- Pillsbury Crescent Rolls $2 at Publix, use $.40/2 coupon from the 1/27, 2/10 or 3/24 SS insert
- Kroger Cheese $1.88, or Sargento Shredded Cheese $2.50 at Publix and $1.99 in Kroger's Mega Sale Use $.55.2 Sargento Shredded Cheese recent printable, check your coupons!
- Perdue Chicken Breast Strips On Sale $2.50 at Publix
- Broccoli $2.50 at Publix
- Hellmans Mayonaise $2.79 at Kroger Use $.50/1 coupon from the 3/24 Red Plum or $.40/1 Hellmans Mayonnaise ecoupon
- Tyson Boneless Chicken Breasts or Tenderloins 3 lb bag $6.99 at Kroger
- Colored Bell Peppers On Sale $1 at Kroger
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.