It's been quite awhile since I've posted a Pillsbury Crescent Roll dinner recipe around here, so I figured since they were on sale a bit this week it was high time I included one. We also love those Cherry Cheese Cobbler Dumplins, Monte Cristo Sandwiches, and Taco Lasagna Casserole, and will be adding those to the menu plan in the next few weeks! Here's how to make this simple Chicken and Broccoli Braid in your home (that looks super fancy, right?) 😉
Chicken and Broccoli Braid
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken meat
- 1 cup fresh broccoli chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 8 ounce packages refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 egg white beaten
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Toss together first ten ingredients in bowl.
- Unroll crescent dough, and arrange on flat baking pan (you'll have two rows of squares across and four rows of squares down - does that make sense at all?)
- Pinch together the perforations in the crescent rolls so that it's one large rectangle.
- Keeping a three inch strip in the center, cut slits on the right and left side for your braid.
- Spread the chicken mixture down the center of the Pillsbury crescent rolls, then braid the dough over the chicken mixture.
- Whisk together egg white, and brush the braided dough with the egg white.
- Bake at 375 for 25-28 minutes, or until golden brown.
On the right half of the braid I only used chicken, broccoli and cheese for the picker eaters at our house!
Here are the sale items you’ll want to watch for this week to make this meal:
- Pillsbury Crescent Rolls $2 at Publix, use $.40/2 coupon from the 1/27, 2/10 or 3/24 SS insert
- Kroger Cheese $1.88, or Sargento Shredded Cheese $2.50 at Publix and $1.99 in Kroger's Mega Sale Use $.55.2 Sargento Shredded Cheese recent printable, check your coupons!
- Perdue Chicken Breast Strips On Sale $2.50 at Publix
- Broccoli $2.50 at Publix
- Hellmans Mayonaise $2.79 at Kroger Use $.50/1 coupon from the 3/24 Red Plum or $.40/1 Hellmans Mayonnaise ecoupon
- Tyson Boneless Chicken Breasts or Tenderloins 3 lb bag $6.99 at Kroger
- Colored Bell Peppers On Sale $1 at Kroger
Thanks to I Heart Publix for the coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals! If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.
CELEBRATION MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE sample menus today!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.