FREE BUDGET WORKSHEET DOWNLOAD!
How to Save a Rite Aid
Any Rite Aid Shoppers out there? I know so many folks just love CVS (and sometimes Walgreens too. . .) but my penny pinching friend Shannon and I always discuss that Rite Aid just might be the unsung hero of the drug store game.
For whatever reason, Rite Aid never seems to get quite the publicity that CVS and Walgreens do (possibly because they started their rewards program after CVS and Walgreens I think?) but there are deals to be had there. I've found that most of the deals at the drug stores go around to each store (i.e., that P&G sale that's going on one week at CVS may be pretty similar a few weeks later at Rite Aid, and then on sale the next week at Walgreens), so my recommendation is to pick one store (to make things easy maybe the one nearest your home), and learn to shop just that one store really, really well.
So, how do you start shopping at Rite Aid? Let's get started . . .
The Basics of Rite Aid Shopping
1. Request a Wellness+ Card
Sign up for a Wellness+ Card at your local Rite Aid or request one online.
2. Also register your Wellness+ Card online.
Just like using your card at CVS, you'll want to register your Wellness+ card online at Rite Aid to get additional savings added to your Wellness+ account.
3. Rite Aid offers UP Rewards (+UPs) as their rewards program.
Again, similar to CVS, Rite AId offers UP Rewards (+UPs) when you purchase participating items in the sale ad each week. Purchasing items that earn +UPs is the best way to save at Rite Aid, and these rewards are tied to your Wellness account, so be sure to use your Wellness account when you shop Rite Aid.
4. Rite Aid offers two kinds of sales each week.
When shopping Rite Aid, watch for traditional store sales updated each Sunday, as well as +UPs offers. Typically your very best buys of the week at Rite Aid will be the +UP offers, but take a few minutes to also scan the weekly ad for any extra deals. Rite Aid does offer Buy One Get One products occasionally as well as clearance sales, which really can help add to your savings.
5. If you forget your Wellness card when shopping at Rite Aid, you can use the phone number associated with your card to still get those savings.
You can find all the Rite Aid deals this week HERE to work on before you shop ~ and I'll update soon with a Rite Aid scenario as well to get you started!
Stop back tomorrow night for more tips on Rite Aid shopping, and let me know what questions and suggestions you have as well! If you're new to drug store shopping, you'll want to also read through these posts to get started:
- 15 Days of Pinching Pennies at the Drug Stores (Day 1)
- 15 Days of Pinching Pennies at the Drug Stores (Day 2): How to Save at CVS
- 15 Days of Pinching Pennies at the Drug Stores (Day 3): What Is a CVS “ECB”?
- 15 Days of Pinching Pennies at the Drug Stores (Day 4): Make Sense of CVS Scenarios
- 15 Days of Pinching Pennies at the Drug Stores (Day 5): Extra CVS Tips
- Updated list of CVS savings currently available
FREE BUDGET WORKSHEET!
Download your FREE worksheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.
Leave a Reply