But this week?
I’m loving some Meijer shopping. (WOW!)
My typical plan when planning my grocery trip is to coupon shop at just one grocery store (typically the one closest to my house), and swing by one other store that offers great produce deals. (So far that’s usually been at Aldi or Fresh Thyme – Sprouts is a great option if you have one of those in your area as well.)
But, this week I noticed there was free Fairlife milk at Meijer after mPerks, so thought I’d take a peek and see what other bargains I could snag. I didn’t even plan my trip ahead of time ~ just created a quick new mPerks account, scanned their coupons, and headed into the store. I was so stinkin’ excited to see gallons of milk at Meijers on sale for $2 (crazy?), and then I noticed a $1/2 gallon mPerks coupon making those just $1.75 per gallon. Success!!
(This is pitiful folks – when my 12 year old saw all that milk and knew I’d been couponing she double checked to make sure it hadn’t expired. Ahem.)
Here’s what I bought:
- Reach Floss $1, used $.75/1 Reach mPerks coupon = $.25
- Del Monte Tomatoes $.89, used 50% off mPerks coupon = $.45
- 1.64 lbs. grapes on sale $.99/lb. = $1.61
- Del Monte Green Beans $1.39, used 50% off mPerks coupon = $.70
- Peter Pan Peanut Butter $2.50, used 50% off mPerks coupon = $1.25
- Chichis Salsa $1.89, used 50% off mPerks coupon = $.95
- Jello Pudding $1.98, used 50% off mPerks coupon = $.99
- Del Monte Fruit Cups $2.19, used 50% off mPerks coupon = $1.10
- Hunts Pudding Bar $2.50, used 50% off mPerks coupon = $1.25
- Miracle Whip $2.99, used 50% off mPerks coupon =$1.50
- 2 Meijer Milk $2 gallon, used $1/2 off 2 gallons mPerks coupon = $3.50
- Velveeta Shells & Cheese $2.50, used 50% off mPerks coupon = $1.25
- 2 packs strawberries $1 each = $2
- Aunt Jemima waffles $2, used 50% off mPerks coupon = $1
- 1 Fairlite Chocolate Milk $3.50, used FREE mPerks coupon = FREE
- 1 Fairlike 2% White Milk $3.50, used FREE mPerks coupon = FREE (make sure to get 2% – I had to switch mine out because the mPerks coupon will not work on skim milk)
- Total = $17.80, Saved $41.92
They also had all their Easter candy marked down to 50% off, and I’m crossing my fingers it will drop a little further in the next few days. (We don’t need any, but at 70% off I might be tempted to buy some more!) I was pretty pleased with my little haul, and will definitely start watching those mPerks savings each week from now on.
If you’re a regular Meijer shopper I’d love to hear any tips on saving while you shop there ~ I’m a little excited to find one more way to save each week!