Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
Looking for a yummy (healthier) treat? These are one of our favorites!
We use over-ripened bananas that I freeze whole (then just thaw out before using on the counter) and it works perfectly. If you're looking for a yummy breakfast treat, these are for you. 🙂
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (use 1/2 whole wheat flour)
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 egg whites
1 cup mashed bananas
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup applesauce
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and coat 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, salt, and sugar. Mix in egg whites, applesauce, and mashed bananas just until moistened. Now stir in the chocolate chips and fill up the muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Adapted from AllRecipes.
Looking for more recipes? Here you go . . .
- Homemade Egg McMuffins
- Blueberry Scone Muffins
- Homemade Apple Dumplin’ Muffins
- Good-For-You Banana Apple Raisin Bran Muffins
- Ham And Cheese Muffins
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.