I think I've finally figured out ribs in the slow cooker (WOOHOO!) After reading through a few suggestions on how to cook ribs in the crockpot, I made these today and they were perfect. And EASY. What more could a girl ask for?
Here's the trick: do NOT just put the ribs in the slow cooker. (I know, I know . . . that takes a little of the fun out of slow cooking, but I promise spending a few minutes to prepare those ribs in the morning will reward you with some fall-apart-heavenly ribs!) Allow just thirty minutes in the morning to pre-bake them in the oven, and then let your slow cooker to the rest of the cooking for you. These were so good that my husband declared them better than Logan's Roadhouse, and liked them as much as our favorite rib recipe for the grill.
Yup, I was a rockstar at our house tonight. Here's the recipe if you want to be a rockstar too. . . 😉
Super Simple Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs
- Garlic Salt
- Barbecue Sauce (we used Sweet Baby Rays) Sweet Baby Ray's BOGO $3.30 at Publix
- 3-4 lbs. Pork Long Country Style Ribs, or Pork Sirloin Chops On Sale $2.99/lb at Publix and Kroger
- Season ribs with salt, pepper and garlic salt. Bake at 35o in oven for 15 minutes, then turn ribs over and bake another 15 minutes.
- Transfer ribs to slow cooker (you may need to cut them to fit into Mrs. Potts!) 🙂
- Pour bottle of barbecue sauce over top of the ribs.
- Cook for 6-7 hours on low.
- Serve along with extra barbecue sauce (0ptional).
Serve with. . .
- Fresh Express Salad BOGO $3.99 at Publix
- Baked Potatoes Baking Potatoes, 5 lb bag, 2.99 at Publix or Red Potatoes $2.99/5 lb. bag at Kroger
- Fresh Corn on the Cob Corn, Yellow, White or Bi-Color – $0.40 per ear at Publix, try out this grilling recipe
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.