Have I told you lately I love my crock pot? Well, just in case I haven't, I love my crock pot!!! I love grabbing all my ingredients, throwing them in the pot, then going off and doing whatever, and coming on back to dinner all cooked just a few hours later.
I popped this in the crock pot this morning and figure it probably saved us at least $20, because yesterday (when nothing was on the menu plan), an unplanned dinner out cost us way more than $20 (arghhhhh! But that was pretty yummy too . . . ) I'll update tonight with pictures; I just wish there was a way to take a “picture” of the yummy aroma coming from my kitchen. (Have I mentioned that I love my crockpot?) Here's how to let yours do all the work for you too . . . .
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil Pompeian Olive Oil BOGO $11.99, $1/1 Pompeian Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin Pork Tenderloin – $4.99 lb, this is not the greatest price ever, but my Publix didn't have much to work with today! If you have a pork roast in your freezer that wouild also work, but you may want to trim it down a bit before placing in your crockpot.
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce Advantage Buy $2.39, Use $1/1 Kikkoman Product
- 1 cup chicken broth Progresso Chicken Broth BOGO $2.59, $0.40/1 Progresso Broth 11/21/2010 SS Insert (exp 1/15/2011)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper $0.75/1 McCormick Spice or Herb 1/2/2011 RP Insert (exp 2/6/2011)
- 1/2 large onion, sliced
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium high heat.
- Brown tenderloin on all sides.
- While tenderloin is browning, mix together teriyaki sauce, chicken broth, & brown sugar.
- Add garlic, red chile peppper, onion and black pepper to teriyaki sauce mixture, set aside.
- Place browned tenderloins in slow cooker & cover with sauce.
- Cook on low 5-6 hours, or high 3-4 hours. Turn sometime during the day so that all sides sit in juice.
- Take pork out of crockpot and let stand 5 minutes before serving, and add any sauce as needed.
Serve with . . .
Del Monte Canned Vegetables BOGO $1.29
Rice A Roni $1 B3G1 FREE Pasta Roni WYB (3) Rice a Roni or B3G1 FREE Pasta Roni WYB (3) Rice a Roni 1/2/2011 RP Insert (exp 4/30/2011)
or Mahatma or Minute Rice (both close to free after coupons) $0.50/1 Mahatma or Water Maid Rice 10/24/2010 RP Insert (exp 1/31/2011) or $0.50/1 Minute Ready to Serve Rice Product , $0.50/1 One Minute Rice Product (IE) Printable (FF)
Recipe adapted from All Recipes. Thanks to I Heart Publix for the coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals! If you need a little more menu inspiration, check out the Recipe Index. Join Passionate Penny Pincher on Facebook to keep up with all the meals & deals.
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.