Have I told you lately that I love my crockpot? It might just get more use than my oven! This barbecue pork is simmering in my kitchen right now, and I love letting the crockpot do the work while I finish up hanging a few more Christmas decorations. Here's the recipe . . .
Easy Pulled Barbecue Pork
- 3 1/2 – 5 lb. boston butt roast I know there has to be a more polite name for that roast, but I haven't figured it out yet 🙂 . . . they're on sale at Publix for $1.99/lb.
- 2 cups beef broth Publix brand broth is priced at 2/$.98, which would make 4 cups, or Swanson Broth is on Advantage Buy $2, use $0.50/2 Swanson Broth 11/7/2010 SS Insert (exp 1/31/2011), stacked with $.50/1 Swanson Broth , 32 oz, TARGET coupon
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut roast in half to fit in crockpot and rub with salt and pepper.
- Pour broth and coffee onto roast.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Pull meat off the bone with a fork. Serve shredded over hamburger buns or rolls.
Serve with . . .
Arnold Whole Grains Bread or Grains & More, Health Full or Country White, 24 oz loaf, BOGO 3.89
Green Giant Canned Vegetables, 11 to 15.25 oz can (excluding Specialty Corn, Three Bean Salad and Asparagus) BOGO 1.29 $0.50/2 Green Giant Vegetables 10/24/10 SS Insert (exp 12/18/10)
Recipe courtesy of All Recipes (I love that place!) Visit I Heart Publix and Two Thrifty Sisters for more coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for bargain meal deals. If you need a little more menu inspiration, visit the Recipe Index! Join Passionate Penny Pincher on Facebook to keep up with all the meals & deals.
LOW CALORIE MENU PLAN SAMPLE!
Download 3 FREE recipes from the low calorie menu plan NOW!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.