I've tried rib recipes in the crock pot a time or two before (and really liked them. . .) but by adding the sauce in the morning the sauce always seemed a little watered down at the end of the day. Sooooo, when I saw this recipe from One Good Thing By Jillee, I decided to try cooking the ribs during the day with just a dry rub (using the same rub that I normally use for our favorite ribs on the grill), and then adding the sauce to bake on top at the end. They were fantastic! Here's what you'll need to get dinner cooking up in Mrs. Potts at your house too . . .
Slow Cooked Ribs
- 1 tbsp. Kosher salt
- 1/2 tbsp. cumin (optional)
- 1/1 tbsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. all spice (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 slab pork spare ribs About 4-5 pounds, On Sale $2.49/lb. at Publix
- favorite barbecue sauce I tried out this recipe from One Good Thing by Jillee… it was so good, and the ketchup & baby food prunes are both BOGO at Publix this week!
- Mix everything except the barbecue sauce and ribs in small bowl.
- Rub dry mixture into ribs, place in crockpot. (Believe it or not, you won't need any liquid. . . they cook up great and make their own juice!)
- Cook on low 6-8 hours in crockpot.
- Remove ribs from crockpot, cover with barbecue sauce.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Serve & enjoy!
Recipe adapted from One Good Thing By Jillee. Thanks to I Heart Publix for the coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals! If you need a little more menu inspiration, check out the Recipe Index.
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.