Looking for more chicken recipes? Check these out, and enter to win a $50 Gift Certificate when you sign up for PPP emails!
I've posted this recipe once before, but they're so stinkin' good, and match up so well with the sales ads this week at Publix, Kroger, & even Target that I had to share them again this week! These are some yummy dumplings . . . in fact they're one of my favorite slow cooked recipes (right next to this Italian Beef . . . mmmmmm.) Your family will think you’ve spent all day in the kitchen, and they taste just about as good as Cracker Barrel’s, which is a pretty big treat around our house! (Don't you just love Cracker Barrel's Dumplings?)
If you have time to make real dumplings from scratch these homemade ones are absolutely the best, but if you’re in a hurry on a busy weeknight, pull out your crockpot and let it do the cooking for you.
Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings
- 1-2 pounds chicken breast On sale $1.99/lb. at Publix, or Kroger Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts $2.79/lb
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup Kroger Mega Sale $1/5 Campbell's Condensed “Great For Cooking” Soup printable; or $1/5 Campbell's Condensed “Great For Cooking” Soup printable
- 1 10 oz. can chicken broth $1/2 Swanson Broth or Stock Carton printable or $0.40/2, $1/3 Swanson Broth or Stock Carton from 10/2 SS or 11/6/11 SS, or
- 1 can water I just used the can from the cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 cans inexpensive biscuits cut in quarters You'll want the ones that come in a four-pack of smaller biscuits . . . then you can always make a little Monkey Bread with your extra Biscuits! I've tried it with the larger biscuits and they puff up a little too much
- Place chicken breast, soup, broth, water, salt, garlic powder, pepper & onion in crockpot.
- Cook on low six hours.
- Two hours before dinner time, add quartered biscuits to crockpot. Gently stir in biscuits so that they’re covered. (I used 1 and 1/2 of the two small cans of biscuits – enough to fill up the top of my crockpot. . .you can use any leftover biscuits to bake and enjoy with your meal!)
- Cook two more hours on low.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serve with . . .
Veggies $.75/2 Green Giant Vegetables Steamers Target coupon, stacked with $0.50/2 Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers Frozen Vegetables, exp. 11/5/11 (GM 09/11/11) or (GM 10/02/11), or Green Giant Canned Vegetables BOGO $1.29 at Publix; Del Monte Vegetable $0.49 in Kroger Mega Sale
More Biscuits, of course!
Interact with 5834+ Penny Pinchers on Facebook and Twitter or Subscribe to Passionate Penny Pincher by email to keep up with all the penny pinchin’ deals!
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.