Enter to win this week’s Scout Tote Bag Giveaway!
I've never tried Beef Stroganoff in our slow cooker before, so I was thrilled to find a simple recipe that made cooking a night of cooking a little simpler at our house! This was so good, but a wee bit on the pricey for us. However, it made enough for dinner plus tons of leftovers, so we'll freeze what we don't eat tomorrow and then just reheat the meal when we need a quick dinner. (You can freeze it in plastic bags even with the noodles as long as they're cooked, then just re-heat and serve!)
- 2 lb. beef stew meat $4.99 at Publix, let me know if you find a better deal on these!
- 2 cans Golden Mushroom Soup (not Cream of Mushroom soup!) 🙂 Use $0.40 off any (3) Campbell's Condensed Soups, $0.40/4 Campbell's Condensed “Great for Cooking” Soups, exp. 11/30/11 (SS 09/18/11 R)
- one cup onion, chopped
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened Kraft Philadelphia Cooking Creme On Sale $2 at Publix, use $1/1 Kraft Philadelphia Cooking Creme and Chicken printable or B1G1 Philladelphia Cooking Cream (recent printable, no longer available)
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire Use $0.50/1 French's Worcestershire Sauce printable, $1/1 Lea & Perrins Thick Classic Worcestershire Sauce printable, $1/1 Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce, exp. 9/30/11 (Publix, Heinz Toss 4 Cash), $1/1 Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce, exp. 9/30/11 (SS 08/28/11 R)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 boullion cube
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup mushrooms Sliced Mushrooms, 12-oz pkg On Sale $2.50 at Publix
- noodles, cooked $0.40/1 No Yolks Product via Upromise Deposit , $0.40/1 No Yolks Product (SavingStar.com) , $0.40/1 Wacky Mac Veggie Pasta, exp. 12/31/11 (SS 05/08/11), $0.40/1 Wacky Mac & Cheese Dinner (SavingStar.com) , $0.40/1 Wacky Mac & Cheese Dinner via Upromise Deposit
- Heat bouillion cube in water in microwave for 30 seconds. Then place all of the first ten ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cook on low 5-6 hours.
- About 30 minutes before meat is cooked, saute mushrooms in 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add to stroganoff and let it cook another fifteen minutes. Whisk any cream cheese that has not melted completely until smooth.
- Serve over cooked noodles, enjoy!
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.