I've been so fortunate this week to have lots of friends ideas to help with recipes, which has made my job of menu planning so much easier. (I love having other folks watching the sales ads for deals too!) My friend Shannon sent over this recipe, and it was another easy recipe that works out great with this week's sales ad at Publix , and the entire recipe cost our family less than $6. . . WOOHOO! Here's how to cook it up in your kitchen . . .
One Dish Italian Chicken Bake
- 4 bone-in chicken pieces
- 1 1/2 lb. baking potatoes (about 3), cut into very thin slices (I used my apple peeler to peel and slice these!)
- 1/2 cup Italian Dressing
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning. If you're low on seasonings, our local Aldi's carries many spicesfor just $1!
- Marinate chicken in Italian dressing, 3-4 hours, or overnight.
- Peel and cut potatoes into very thin wedges. (If they're not cut thinly enough, they won't have enough time to cook through.)
- Mix together chicken (with marinade) and potatoes. Sprinkle with Parmesan & Italian Seasoning, cover with foil.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, until chicken is done (reaching 165 degrees), uncovering after the first thirty minutes.
- Fresh Express Salad Blends or Salad Kit
(I had to share a sneak peek of this week's Friday Fluff Up project as it was in the background of my picture tonight. . . stop back Friday for more details!)
Interact with 5834+ Penny Pinchers on Facebook and Twitter or Subscribe to Passionate Penny Pincher by email to keep up with all the penny pinchin’ deals!
LOW CALORIE MENU PLAN SAMPLE!
Download 3 FREE recipes from the low calorie menu plan NOW!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.