After reading all your quick meal ideas this week I realized that I'm not the only one who throws pasta together in a pinch! This is a super yummy different way to use up some of that pasta and spaghetti sauce that's hiding in your pantry, and the whole meal will take you less than 30 minutes to make. (I love that!) Plus, the ingredients are mostly items that you probably have on hand, so you shouldn't spend more than a few dollars to have dinner at home with your family. . . and skip the drive-thru!
Mom's Mozzarella Chicken
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves P$1.00/1 Market Pantry Frozen Chicken Home Mailer
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup chicken broth $1/2 Swanson Broth or $0.40/2 Swanson Broth 1/9/2011 SS
1 jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese Publix Brand on sale $2; or Kraft or Sargento on sale $1.67 at Kroger, use $1/1 Kraft Shredded Cheese with Philadelphia or $1/2 Sargento Shredded Cheese Products 1/30/2011 SS
- Cooked Pasta Hopefully you have some in your stockpile, we used Mueller's Bowtie Pasta
- Warm olive oil in skillet over medium heat, then add chicken breasts and saute 4-5 minutes per side.
- Add pepper, garlic, onion broth & spaghetti sauce. Simmer another ten minutes, or until chicken is cooked & no longer pink.
- Sprinkle mozzarella on top of sauce, cover and cook 2 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve over cooked pasta.
Serve with . . .
Recipe adapted from All Recipes. Visit I Heart Publix for more coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals! If you need a little more menu inspiration, check out the Recipe Index. Join Passionate Penny Pincher on Facebook to keep up with all the meals & deals.
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.