This is a guest post from Sandra at Full Bellies Happy Kids. Of all the food bloggers I read, I think Sandra might just be my favorite because her photos are simply beautiful, and everytime I visit her site I want to run to my kitchen and get cooking! You'll want to check out her recipes for Portuguese Pork Chops and Potatoes, Creamy Chicken and Broccoil Bake, Italian Sausage Rigatoni, and just about everything else she makes. 🙂
We are a nacho loving family.
They're so easy to make but too many times we succumb to the busy day excuse and pick the drive thru of Taco Bell.
Well, no more….I threw some ingredients together in the crockpot, went about my day and 2 hours later had these awesome nachos ready to eat.
My kids have deemed them “Better than Taco Bell” and that for me is music to my ears.
Go ahead and try them, then come back and let me know what you thought.
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 can red kidney beans, undrained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste $0.75/1 Muir Glen Prouct
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning $0.50/1 Old El Paso Product 1/30/2011 SS or $0.60/2 Old El Paso Products
- 1/2 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic powder
- tortilla chips
- Mexican 4 cheese Sargento Shredded Cheese On Sale $2.00, use $1.50/1 Sargento Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Salsa con queso $0.50/1 Old El Paso Product 1/30/2011 SS or $0.60/2 Old El Paso Products
- Topping of your choice (I used finely diced onions, sour cream and lettuce, we don't like tomatoes here at home lol)
My crockpot can be used on the stovetop to cook meat etc in, so I browned the ground beef, then drained out the grease. Placed it back on the crockpot base and added the refried beans, kidney beans, tomato paste, taco seasoning, water, salt and pepper and garlic powder.
Cook on high for 2-3 hours.
Warm up the salsa con queso, remember to pour it into a microwave safe container and not use the glass jar it comes in.
Serve the meat mixture over the tortillas, pour over the warm cheese and add the toppings.
Thanks to Full Bellies Happy Kids for this yummy recipe! Also thanks to I Heart Publix for the coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals. If you need a little more menu inspiration, check out the Recipe Index. Join Passionate Penny Pincher on Facebook to keep up with all the meals & deals!
LOW CALORIE MENU PLAN SAMPLE!
Download 3 FREE recipes from the low calorie menu plan NOW!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.