Looking for more chicken recipes? Check these out, and enter to win a $50 Gift Certificate when you sign up for PPP emails!
Need a yummy meal at your house this week? We had this for dinner last night and it was soooooo good . . . I'm not sure that I liked it quite as much as much Slow Cooked Chicken and Dumplings, but I think that's only because I love those slow cooker recipes so much! (And my husband liked this one better. . . )
It did remind me a bit more of a pot pie than chicken and dumplings, but that was mostly because I was too afraid to pull it out of the oven until the top was golden brown. My hubby absolutely loved it though, and this is one of those recipes we'll definitely enjoy again soon!
Chicken & Dumpling Casserole
- 1 stick butter
- 3-4 cups cooked chicken Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast on sale $2.99/lb. at Publix
- 1/2 tsp. seasoning salt
- 2 cups chicken broth Swanson Broth BOGO $2.70, use $0.40/2, $1/3 Swanson Broth or Stock Carton, exp. 3/31/12 (SS 01/08/12 #2) or $.40/2 Swanson broth 4/1/12 SS
- 2 cups Bisquick or self-rising flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 can cream of chicken soup Campbell's Cream Soup on sale $1.00 at Publix, use $1/3 Campbell's Healthy Request Soup printable or $0.40/2, $0.40/3, $0.25/4 Campbell's Condensed Soups, exp. 4/15/12 (SS 02/12/12 R)
- 1 bouillion cube
- 1/2 t. dried sage
- 1/2 t. black pepper, if desired.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Melt butter in 9×13 pan in oven.
- Layer cooked chicken over melted butter in the bottom of your baking dish (you can also substitue with turkey, I had turkey leftovers in the freezer so that's what I used!)
- Sprinkle with black pepper (optional) and 1/2 tsp. seasoning salt
- Mix together milk and Bisquick or flour (we used self-rising flour and it worked just fine!)
- Gently pour Bisquick mixture over chicken.
- Whisk chicken broth, sage, bouillion cube and cream of chicken soup, then slowly pour over Bisquick layer (I heated my broth to help disolve the bouillion cube before mixing.)
- Bake at 400 for 30-40 minutes, until golden brown & bubbly.
Serve with . . .
Recipe adapted from Deep South Dish. Visit I Heart Publix for more coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals. If you need a little more menu inspiration, check out the Recipe Gallery.
Interact with 9216+ Penny Pinchers on Facebook and Twitter or Subscribe to Passionate Penny Pincher by email to keep up with all the penny pinchin’ deals, and don’t forget ot enter to win a Kindle Fire!
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.