Do you ever struggle with what too cook for dinner . . . again? Lately at our house it's been easy to fall into that I-can't-think-of-anything-at-all to cook mentality, so this week it's time to get out of it! It's amazing how simply taking a few minutes to plan our menus makes not only better meals, but also helps us penny pinch a wee bit more as we skip the drive-thru and just eat at home. (Anybody with me?) Here's what we tried out last night . . .
Cheesy Chicken Parmesan
- 2 tbs. Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. salt
- 7 ounces seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves Publix has Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Cultlets, $3.99/lb, hopefully you have some in your freezer because that's still pretty high; Kroger has their Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts 2.5-4 lb Bag for $6.99
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 24 ounces pasta sauce Barilla Pasta Sauce, 24 oz. BOGO $2.60
- 6 slices Monterey Jack cheese Use $1/1 Kraft Big Slice Blinkie if you can find it!
- 1 box spaghetti Barilla Pasta, BOGO $1.19, use $0.55/1 Barilla Piccolini, exp. 8/21/11 (SS 06/26/11) if included in sale
- Pour eggs into shallow baking dish (I always use a pie plate.)
- In separate bowl (or pie plate!), mix together Italian seasoning, Parmesan cheese, salt, and bread crumbs.
- Dip chicken in eggs, then dredge in bread crumb mixture. Saute in oil over medium heat for 8-10 minutes per side, until just about cooked through.
- Pour pasta sauce in 8 1/2 x 11 casserole. Then add chicken on top of the sauce, and top chicken with Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve over pasta. Enjoy!
Serve with . . .
- Salad Publix Premium Salad Kits – $2.50
- Dressing This week's Publix Penny Item or Wish-Bone Dressing, BOGO $2.64, Use $0.40/1 Wish-Bone Salad Dressing printable, stack with $1/1 Wish-Bone Product @Target printable or $1/1 Wish-Bone Salad Dressing, exp. 7/18/11 (Publix Smart Saving Booklet)
$.50/1 or 1/1 Luigi's Real Italian Ice Product, exp. 8/27/11 (RP 06/26/11) regional coupon
Join Passionate Penny Pincher on Facebook to keep up with all the meals & deals.