Photo courtesy of All Recipes, I'll update with our own when it comes out of the oven tonight!
If you're like me and have oodles of cranberries after last week's free cranberry coupon from Earthfare, this recipe is for you! And even if you weren't lucky enough to grab those cranberries, they aren't all that expensive and will make for a special treat this time of year. I've got all the ingredients ready to pop in my oven tonight, and can't wait to try a new twist on my regular pork tenderloin recipe.
Berry Barbecued Pork Roast
- 1 3lb. pork roast Whole or Half Boneless Pork Loin or Rib Half, 2.49/lb, Use $1/1 Earthfare Natural Pork
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries I think they were around $2.50 at my store
- 1 cup sugar $0.50/2 Domino Sugar Products 8/29/2010 or 10/17/2010 RP Insert (exp 11/30/2010), $0.30/1 Domino Sugar Product, $0.75/1 Imperial Sugar Product
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. Put fat side up on a rack in shallow roasting pan. Bake for 45 minutes.
- In saucepan, combine remaining ingredients. Bring to boil & reduce heat to low.
- Cook and stir sauce for 10-12 minutes or until thickened.
- Brush sauce over roast, and bake an additional 15-20 minutes, or until roast temperature reads 160 degrees, brushing frequently with sauce. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing, and serve with remaining sauce.
Serve with . . .
- Potatoes Tasteful Selections Potatoes, 24 or 28 oz bag, 2.99 or Idahoan Potatoes Advantage Buy $1, use $1/3 Idahoan Flavored Potatoes , $1/1 Idahoan Potatoes , $0.75/3 Idahoan Potatoes
- Stockpiled Veggies
Recipe courtesy of All Recipes. To see this recipe and many other great recipes go HERE, and remember if you're looking for a great recipe to make with food right in your pantry you can always visit All Recipes Ingredients Search to find just what you're searching for. (I love that place!)
Thanks to I Heart Publix and Two Thrifty Sisters for the coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for bargain meal deals. If you need a little more menu inspiration, visit the Recipe Index! Join Passionate Penny Pincher on Facebook to keep up with all the meals & deals.
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.