This is my hubby’s favorite chicken casserole ever, and it's a great deal at Publix this week! I found it years ago in a ladies church cookbook, so you know it's gotta be good. It's one of those yummy warm meals to enjoy as it's cooling down, and when I made it last night my kids begged for more (that doesn't happen often around here!)
If you have cooked chicken that you've already shredded, this recipe is easy, and even if you don't you'll just have to cook your chicken and dump the ingredients in your casserole dish (well, there is an order to it, but it really is just dumping!) Here's what you'll need . . .
Chicken & Dressing
- 2 -3 cups cooked chicken use whole chicken recipe HERE, or cook boneless skinless chicken breasts; Publix whole chicken were on sale last week, so I'm hoping you grabbed some! Kroger also has Perdue whole chicken on sale for $.99/lb., use $1/1 Perdue Whole Chicken (Sam's Club every day price on whole chicken is $.89/lb.)
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup Campbell’s Cream Soup On Sale $.80, use $1.50/3 Campbell’s Condensed Great for Cooking Soups , $0.25/4 Campbell’s Great For Cooking Soups 11/7/2010 SS Insert (exp 1/31/2011) , $1/4 Campbell’s Condensed Cooking Soups Publix Share Something Delicious Booklet (exp 1/15/2011), $0.25/4 or $.30/4 Campbell’s Condensed Great for Cooking Soups 10/3/2010 SS Insert (exp 12/15/2010), $0.30/4 Campbell’s Condensed Cooking Soup 9/12/2010 SS Insert (exp 11/15/2010), Stack with $0.50/2 Campbell’s Condensed Soups PUBLIX coupon Publix Coupon Book Save Big Dream Big (exp 11/30/2010)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth $0.50/1 Progresso Product , $0.40/1 Progresso Broth 10/24/2010 SS Insert (exp 12/18/2010), $0.50/2 Swanson Broth 11/7/2010 SS Insert (exp 1/31/2011)
- 1 8 oz. package prepared stuffing Kraft Stove Top Stuffing On Sale $0.99, use $4/5 Butterball Turkey WYB (4) Participating Products 11/7/2010 SS Insert (exp 12/31/2010), $1/2 Stove Top Products , stack with $1/2 Stove Top Target Store Coupon
- 3/4 stick margarine melted
- Place chicken in casserole dish (9×13).
- Pour soup over meat and 1/2 cup of the broth next.
- Melt the margarine in 1 cup of broth; add dressing mix into the broth & margarine mixture.
- Pour over chicken. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes on until lightly browned on top.
Serve with . . .
- Publix Salad Blends or Caesar Salad Kit, 5 to 12 oz bag, 2/$4
- Stockpiled Green Giant Steamers or Green Giant Canned Veggies 🙂
Recipe adapted from All Recipes. Thanks to I Heart Publix and Two Thrifty Sisters for the coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for bargain meal deals. If you need a little more menu inspiration, be sure to visit my Recipe Index!
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.