I was so tempted to re-post this recipe for yummy Craisin Good Cookies this week (they are really good if you'd like to make some cookies this week!), but when I saw this Cranberry Oat Bread I couldn't wait to try it out!
The recipe is actually for your bread machine, so if you're one of those girls (like me!) who just had to have a bread machine a few years back, go ahead and dust it off and let it do the baking today! (If you have any suggestions on how to adapt this recipe for folks who don't have a bread machine I'd love to hear them – I know there has to be a way to make it without the machine but I'm not sure how. . . I'm betting quite a bit of kneading will be required!)
And if you're looking for a few other recipes to use those BOGO Craisins with try out this yummy chicken salad – just substitute the craisins for golden raisins . . . yummmmm!
Cranberry Oat Bread
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour $1/1 Eagle Mills Flour
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats $1/1 Quaker Instant Oatmeal or Oats 1/2/2011 RP Insert (exp 4/30/2011)
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup water (70 degrees to 80 degrees)
- 3 tablespoons honey Burleson's Pure Honey 12 oz+
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon $0.75/1 McCormick Spice or Herb 1/2/2011 RP Insert (exp 2/6/2011)
- 1 3/4 teaspoons active dry yeast $0.40/1 Fleischmann's Yeast 12/5/2010 SS Insert (exp 7/5/2011), $0.40/1 Fleischmann's Yeast 11/7/2010 SS Insert (exp 4/23/2011)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries or raisins Ocean Spray Craisins BOGO $2.25
- Place first eight ingredients in the bread machine.
- Select basic bread setting.
- Choose crust color (I chose light, I like everything on the moist side!)
- Bake according to bread machine directions.
- Right before the last dough kneading (you'll probably hear a beep), add the cranberries.
- Let the breadmaker finish up the baking, and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from All Recipes. Thanks to I Heart Publix for the coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals! If you need a little more menu inspiration, check out the Recipe Index. Join Passionate Penny Pincher on Facebook to keep up with all the meals & deals.
LOW CALORIE MENU PLAN SAMPLE!
Download 3 FREE recipes from the low calorie menu plan NOW!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.