My kiddos seem to be hungry just about every minute of the day right now. Like, all the time, never gonna end, we really, really-need-to-eat-right-this-minute-mom hungry! And, while I do buy lots of bargains at the grocery store, I love taking a few minutes to bake them a slightly more healthy snack at home.
This recipe is from my friend Nancy at Real Food Allergy Free, and they're easily gobbled down in one morning flat at our house. (They're soooo good!) You can also check out Nancy's gluten-free recipe over HERE, and the recipe doubles easily if your family loves them as much as we do. . .
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Combine bananas, oil, sugar, vanilla & egg in a large bowl; mix well.
- Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Add flour mixture to banana mixture, mixing just until blended (ignore lumps).
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 cups full.
- Bake 20 minutes, cool & enjoy!
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.