Congratulations to [email protected] (CrockPot Winner) and m..a…[email protected] (Instant Pot) for winning the giveaway! Thanks so much to everyone who entered ~ I so wish I could give you all a crock pot and an instant pot and I loved reading all of your favorite dishes! 🙂
Have you been working to transform your grocery budget with us this month?
I hope you've saved a bundle!
This is our last week in the series, but I think these three little tips can really help you save big.
Let's get started . . .
1. SHOP YOUR PANTRY.
If you haven't learned this already, this can change your grocery budget.
Before you run out to the store and spend a bundle, I want you to really (really, truly) shop your pantry, fridge, and freezer to see what you can make using what you already have.
Do you have chicken and pasta? Make up some chicken noodle soup. A little ground beef and tacos? Taco Tuesday is perfect.
And before you race to the store for one more item you really don't need, consider doing a 1 week no spend challenge and really tackle that grocery budget. We saved hundreds of dollars trying this out a few years ago, and I'm already thinking about a group challenge coming in in March (so get ready.) 🙂
2. Don't turn a Mega Sale into a Mega Mess
Good gravy, this can be huge.
When Kroger (or Publix, or Target, or wherever) has their crazy deals, it can be so very tempting to grab them all even if you'll spend way more than your grocery budget.
To grab all the deals.
To not pass by a single thing that has the lovely blue tag screaming “I'm-a-mega-sale-price-so-you-really-need-me.”
But your job as you're whittling down your grocery budget is to focus on spending a little of your grocery budget on the deals, but not more than your grocery budget.
However, even to the best of us it sometimes happens.
Guys, I've said it a jillion times here, but there is no other area in your family's finances that you have complete control over. You can't lower your car payment or mortgage or electricity bill today, but you can choose how much you want to spend at the grocery store.
And last but not least . . .
3. MAKE A MENU PLAN AND STICK TO IT!
Guys ~ I cannot tell you the value of having a menu plan.
And starting next Monday (2/6/17), we're starting a Countertop Cooking Challenge and I would just love for you to join me.
My friend Tiffany from Eat at Home Cooks is offering us her VERY best prices for a few days only to the very first people to sign up using the code EARLYBIRD at checkout, and I want you to be included!
HERE'S WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU SIGN UP:
- Weekly menu plans for the entire month
- A set of slow cooker menu plans
- A set of whole foods menu plans (those are the ones we're using right now)
- A set of traditional menu plans
- One quick click to download all 3 sets of menus (in color or black and white ink)
- This month, because there are 5 weeks in the month, you'll actually get access to FIVE WEEKS of menu plans for as low as $1.13 per week!
>>>USE THE CODE EARLYBIRD AT CHECKOUT TO GET THE BEST PRICE ~ THESE ARE THE LOWEST PRICES YOU'LL FIND ON THIS MENU PLAN!<<<
Here's how the prices breakdown:
- 1 Month to Eat at Home Cooks $9.80 (or $2.45 per week) use code EARLYBIRD at checkout
- 3 Month to Eat at Home Cooks $21.70 (or $1.80 per week) use code EARLYBIRD at checkout
- 12 Month to Eat at Home Cooks $58.80 (or $1.13 per week) use code EARLYBIRD at checkout
Determine to make 2017 the year that you transform your family's grocery budget ~ you can do this!
Wanna make this a little more fun? It's clearly time for a giveaway!
Here’s how to enter to win:
- REQUIRED ENTRY: leave a comment sharing your favorite meal in Mrs. Potts
- Additional Entries: “Like” PPP on Facebook and leave an additional comment to let me know you joined
- Sign up for daily email updates from PPP and leave a comment letting me know you signed up
- Join the private PPP Dinner's Done Facebook Group and leave a comment letting me know you joined
So, pull up those big-girl-panties and let's get ready to save big in February ~ we can do this. I would love to hear how you're doing on your grocery budget too, so leave a comment to share!
Note: this giveaway is not sponsored by anyone, just a way for me to thank you for keeping up with PPP. So thankful for you! Giveaway will end 2/2/16 at 10 PM Eastern Time.
BLACK FRIDAY CHEAT SHEET!
Download your FREE cheat sheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.