I have some very crafty friends . . . and they made these super cute football hangers for their front doors during football season! Because we're not *quite* as into football at our house (since our team isn't usually all that successful during football season . . .), I made a Pumpkin for my front door (that I'll show you once I finish . . . ummm. . . someday. . . eek!), but I thought you'd love seeing their fun projects today.
These footballs are selling at stores for as much as $30-$40 in stores (yikes!) but cost just around $5 to make at home! Here's what you'll need:
- Burlap or some kind of brown fabric (they found a lighter fabric that looked similar to burlap which was much easier to work with)
- fabric paint
- white ribbon
- a sewing machine
- stuffing to fill, or you may try filling with plastic grocery sacks to save a few extra pennies!
And here's how we (ahem. . . *they. . . *) made them . . . while I of course cheered them on! 🙂
- Draw football shapes on two layers of fabric. Cut to match both pieces.
- Sew the football together, leaving space open to stuff later.
- Paint polka dots on ribbon (my friend is a very gifted polka dot painter, who knew that was such a talent?)
- Paint school sign on front (will take at least two coats of fabric paint.)
- Stuff football, sew up seam, and hang!
These turned out so well, but I know free-hand painting the logo would do many folks (like me!) in. If you have any suggestions on how to make those using some sort of template, I'd love to hear them!
I'd love for you to join me over on Pinterest (I love that place!) If you have a blog and have done a little fluffing in your home, I’d love to see it, so leave your link in the comments section. Also, if there’s a craft you’ve seen on a website that you’re hoping to make, feel free to share that link as well (I’m always looking for new ideas!)
See more previous Friday Fluff Up projects and ideas . . . and Happy Fluffing!
Interact with 11,393+ Penny Pinchers on Facebook and Twitter or Subscribe to Passionate Penny Pincher by email to keep up with all the penny pinchin’ deals!
LOW CALORIE MENU PLAN SAMPLE!
Download 3 FREE recipes from the low calorie menu plan NOW!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.