Here's this week's edition of the Friday Fluff Up! My friend Misty found this idea over on Pinterest, and it was so simple to do (provided you have a Cricut. . . I'm telling you what, that was my all-time favorite gift!)
(This was Misty's version . . . after we realized that the orange letters didn't stand out well on all the papers, she changed some of the colors on her and I love them! She's a wee bit more crafty. . . and patient. . . than I am.) 😉
We started with wood pieces sold in a pack at Michael's on clearance for $3 (which included enough for both of us to complete the project!) I think the hardest part was detemining how to order the blocks so that they looked balanced once we were done.
Then we cut scrapbook paper in different colors to fit the blocks. . .
We used the Cricut (Storybook Cartridge) to create the letters, and then used Modge Podge to attach the letters. Once they were done, we Modge-Podged the front of the letters to make them sturdier. So easy!
Here are the blocks in the kitchen behind this week's One Dish Italian Chicken Bake . . . I can't decide where to keep them, but the lighting is definitely better in the kitchen!
What about you? Have you made any fun crafts this week? Here are a few of my favorite ideas found this week on Pinterest (you can follow me under ppennypincher if you’d like to get started . . . I love that place!)
- Check out this incredibly sweet birthday party (I loved the canvas painting!)
- Fluff up for Fall with these ideas on how to decorate from BH&G
- Learn how to make homemade bows (no sewing required)
- Make an absolutely beautiful button ornament this Christmas
- See this clever idea for school supply storage (scroll to the second page with the tin cans)
- Dress up your home with Spider Webs this weekend made from trash bags
- Download free sewing patterns for you and your kiddos
- Make Mini-Homemade Monkey Breads (you should also try out my Monkey Bread . . . yummmm!)
If you have a blog and have done a little fluffing in your home, I’d love to see it, so leave your link in the comments section. Also, if there’s a craft you’ve seen on a website that you’re hoping to make, feel free to share that link as well (I’m always looking for new ideas!)
Check out previous Friday Fluff Up projects . . . and Happy Fluffing
Interact with 6140+ Penny Pinchers on Facebook and Twitter or Subscribe to Passionate Penny Pincher by email to keep up with all the penny pinchin’ deals!
FREEZER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE sample of the freezer menus!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.