Here's a great easy recipe to make and enjoy while you're watching a little football, and Publix was nice enough to put all the items on sale for us! I found the recipe in my friend's church cookbook (thanks to the ladies of the LaGrange Assembly of God Women's Ministry in La Grange, Kentucky), and it's one of my favorites! Here's the recipe:
Touch Down Taco Dip
- 1 16 oz can refried beans
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese softened
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely or pressed
- 1 small tomato, cored and chopped
- 1/4 c. onion, chopped
- 1/4 c. black olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package sour cream (the recipe says optional – but I think you need it!)
- Tortilla Chips or Pita Chips
Preheat oven to 375. Spread refried beans on bottom of deep dish. Combine cream cheese, taco mix, and garlic. Blend well and spread over beans. Spread chopped tomatoes, onions, and olives over cream cheese mixture. Top with cheddar cheese. Bake 25-30 minutes or until hot. Garnish with sour cream if desired. Serve with tortilla chips or pita chips.
LOW CALORIE MENU PLAN SAMPLE!
Download 3 FREE recipes from the low calorie menu plan NOW!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.