I hope you're joining us for our Spring Cleaning Challenge!
I'll be updating this post each day as I tackle our home all month long ~ scroll down to see the full list!
You can also print your totally free Spring Cleaning Cleaning and Daily Home Checklist right over HERE if you'd like to join me. Doing a little each day makes the projects easier, and I know you can do this!
Spring Cleaning Update Day 3
Ready for Day 3 of our Spring Cleaning Challenge? Well today I tackled cleaning the kitchen cabinets ~ which sounds a whole lot scarier than it really is.
The other little hack I shared (accidentally!) while doing Facebook Live is that I use a Sharpie marker to fix small knicks on hardwood cupboards. (I know, don't judge.) Here's the before and after pic so you can see the difference . . .
As I shared over on Instagram, do not try this at home. 🙂 I'm willing to take a chance and use sharpie on my wood cabinets, but can't officially recommend it for you! 😂
I hope you're tackling some of your home checklist chores each day too ~ leave a comment and let me know how it's going for you!
Spring Cleaning Update Day 2
It's day 2 of our Spring Cleaning Challenge and goodness, I didn't do a ton today (and I definitely know how it feels for you all who work out of your home!)
Today I just checked off the items to do on my daily morning chore list. Each day these are the things I start my day with if at all possible before starting work:
- Make beds (our bed at least – our kids . . . not so much!)
- Start laundry
- Clean main bathroom sink
- Plan/prep dinner
- Load/empty dishwasher
- Clean kitchen countertops
- Wipe down kitchen sink
- Tidy main living space
It sounds like a lot more than it really is, and by tackling projects at night too (print my full day schedule over HERE), I can do just about everything besides exercising and showering in less than 15 minutes.
If you need a daily routine to help manage your home, take a second to print a week of my daily home checklist for free over HERE. I'd love to hear if this works for you!
Spring Cleaning Update Day 1
Do you know how to clean your dishwasher?
It's Day 1 of our Spring Cleaning Challenge and today I'm thrilled to have my dishwasher deep cleaned today!
If you don't know how to clean your dishwasher, you need to try this today.
Here's what you do (watch me show you how to do it quickly over on Instagram ~ I'd sure love for you to join me there too!)
- Unload all dishes from dishwasher.
- Look on the bottom of your dishwasher and see if you have a filter. If you do, remove it and clean it out. (It will be disgusting. I know. But it's okay, you can do this.)
- Let the filter soak for 5-10 minutes in soapy warm water and clean with all the nooks and crannies of the filter with an old toothbrush.
- Return filter to dishwasher and put a few cups of white vinegar in a dishwasher safe container and set in top rack.
- Run dishwasher on hottest setting (don't use dish detergent, just let it run.)
- Remove vinegar and sprinkle bottom of dishwasher with baking soda.
- Run dishwasher again on hottest setting.
- All done!
This will save you so much on dishwasher repair bills because you'll keep your dishwasher running in top-top shape . . . I love that!
Are you joining me for our Spring Cleaning Challenge?
Here's how how our schedule should look:
- Beginning Monday, 4/15/19 and through 4/26/19 we'll do a Facebook Live between 9 and 10 AM each weekday tackling a few chores on this .FREE Spring Cleaning Checklist
- Each day we'll do the daily chores + add in a few of the larger chores from the Spring Cleaning Checklist (I'm planning to start in the kitchen Monday and will scoot down the list from there).
- As much as I'm able, in the afternoon I'll update you with a blog post including what we've worked on each day (and I'd love to hear if you're joining in too!)
Be sure to also join our Home Sweet Home Facebook Group for more motivation and encouragement ~ I love this group and am so inspired each day by them to truly be awesome in April!
CHRISTMAS MADE EASY!
Download your FREE Ultimate Christmas Checklist now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.