Trying to decide what to make this Memorial Day? Try out these yummy ribs on the grill, or if you'd rather keep the cooking inside, make these Simple Slow Cooker Ribs in your crockpot.
Here's the trick to these ribs: do NOT just put the ribs in the slow cooker. (I know, I know . . . that takes a little of the fun out of slow cooking, but I promise spending a few minutes to prepare those ribs in the morning will reward you with some fall-apart-heavenly ribs!) Allow just thirty minutes in the morning to pre-bake them in the oven, and then let your slow cooker to the rest of the cooking for you. These were so good that my husband declared them better than Logan's Roadhouse, and liked them as much as our favorite rib recipe for the grill.
- Garlic Salt
- Barbecue Sauce (we used Sweet Baby Rays)
- 3-4 lbs. Pork Long Country Style Ribs, or Pork Sirloin Chops
- Season ribs with salt, pepper and garlic salt.
- Bake at 350 in oven for 15 minutes, then turn ribs over and bake another 15 minutes.
- Transfer ribs to slow cooker (you may need to cut them to fit into Mrs. Potts!) 🙂
- Pour bottle of barbecue sauce over top of the ribs.
- Cook for 6-7 hours on low.
- Serve along with extra barbecue sauce (optional).
Here are a few sales you’ll want to watch for this week:
- Kraft Barbecue Sauce $.68 at Publix after BOGO sale
- Pork Loin Back Ribs $1.99/lb. at Publix, $2.99/lb at Kroger, or $1.99/lb. at Sam's Club
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.