Perfect recipe for Taco Tuesday!! 🌮🌮🌮 Grab all the ingredients so you can slow cook this one all day and come home to ummmm…. perfection!!!
Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
This slow cooker pork carnitas recipe is one of those that will do all the cooking for you all day long while you're at work or running kids to and fro! This one is sure to become part of your meal planning rotation! 🙂
prep time 5 minutes | cook time 6-8 hours | serves 12 | 240 calories per serving
- 3 lb pork shoulder (pork butt)
- 2 Tbsps lime juice
- 3 tsps kosher salt
- 4 tsps ground cumin
- 2 tsps chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsps oregano
- 2 tsps onion powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 orange, sliced
- corn tortillas
- optional toppings: cilantro, diced onions, avocados, cheese, sour cream and lime wedges
- Combine lime juice, salt, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, oregano, onion powder, and black pepper to make a rub.
- Cut pork shoulder into 3 pieces, removing any excess fat and generously cover with rub.
- Place pork shoulder in slow cooker (along with any leftover rub) and top with the orange slices.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or on high 4 hours until very tender.
- Discard orange slices; remove meat and shred.
- Before serving, in a large skillet, pan fry desired amount of meat over medium heat until it gets a good brown crust over some pieces. (don’t skip this step as it really enhances the flavor.)
- Serve pork on warm corn tortillas with desired toppings.
Get in my tummy!
This recipe includes basic calorie counts. If you’re adhering to a specific diet and would like exact calories and nutrition information on a certain recipe, use an online calorie counter like My Fitness Pal, Lose It or Very Well Fit.
Looking for more recipes?
LOW CALORIE MENU PLAN SAMPLE!
Download 3 FREE recipes from the low calorie menu plan NOW!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.