Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
Please pardon the pitiful picture . . . I'm working on how to get decent pictures now that it's getting dark out so early, so if you anyone has any tips on handling dark lightning for pictures I'd sure love to hear them! Just know that the food's good. 😉
This week I've got two slow cooker recipes to share, because letting Mrs. Potts do the work seems to be just about the only way dinner makes it on the table around here! Hopefully they'll help you out too if you're a crazy-busy-car-pool-driving-home-work-helping-coupon-shopping-toilet-scrubbing momma like me, and since most the items are on sale this week, you'll pinch a few pennies too. Woot!
Slow Cooker Pork Roast
- boneless Boston Butt Roast 3-4 lbs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup water
- Cooking spray
- Pour applesauce and water into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Mix together Italian salt, red pepper, pepper, garlic, garlic powder and Italian seasoning in a bowl.
- Spray roast with cooking spray all over, place in crock pot, fat side up.
- Rub seasoning mixture into roast.
- Cook on low 7-8 hours.
- Cool for 10 minutes before slicing to serve.
Here are the best sales I see to watch for this week (as of 10/30/13):
- Boston Butt Roast $2.79/lb. at Publix or $1.49/lb. at Kroger
- 8 lb. Russet Potatoes on sale $3.99 at Kroger (not required for the recipe, but it was good with baked potatoes as a side!)
CHRISTMAS MADE EASY!
Download your FREE Ultimate Christmas Checklist now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.