Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
I'm always so excited to find a new way to fix something in Mrs. Potts! So, when I noticed this recipe for Slow Cooker Chili Colorado Burritos, I knew I had to try them out.
Goodness, this was e.a.s.y., and a great meal to add to our slow cooker rotation. (If you're a busy momma, you know how much it helps to have some slow cooked meals up your sleeve!) Literally it took 2 minutes to dump everything in Mrs. Potts in the morning and another five minutes to make the burritos before dinner, and dinner was done.
I love that.
Here's how to get dinner on the table at your house tonight too. 😉
- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 19 oz can mild red enchilada sauce
- 2 beef bouillon cubes do NOT add water
- can refried beans
- 7 burrito size flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- green onions optional
- sour cream optional
- Put stew meat, enchilada sauce, and 2 bouillon cubes in slow cooker.
- Cook on low 7-8 hours.
- Once meat has cooked, shred beef.
- Heat refried beans in microwave for about two minutes.
- Cover the bottom of each tortilla with small layer of refried beans, then add 1/2 cup meat mixture.
- Repeat on all of the burritos and roll up, then place in 9x13 baking dish.
- Spoon remaining enchilada sauce from slow cooker over the enchiladas.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- Broil in oven for 2-3 minutes, long enough to melt cheese.
- Top with sour cream and green onions if desired - enjoy!
Here are the best sales I see to watch for this week (as of 7/10/13):
- Beef Stew Meat $4.99/lb at Winn Dixie
- Old El Paso Tortillas $1.25 at Kroger, use $1/3 Old El Paso Tortillas
- Or Ole or La Banderita Tortillas $1.50 at Publix
- Kraft Cheese $2.29
- Kroger Sour Cream $1.50, or Daisy Sour Cream $2 at Giant Eagle, use $.45/1 coupon from the 7/13 Smart Source or $.60/1 coupon from the 9/7 Smart Source insert
2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK!
Download your FREE 2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.