I love easy recipes . . . any recipe that includes the word “dump” in the directions just make me happy. And, on a chilly fall day like today, a big crockpot of soup makes me even happier. So, here’s a super simple recipe for this slow cooked chicken tortilla soup, which takes just a few minutes to dump into your crock pot (aka “Mrs. Potts”), then let her do all the work for you while you direct
traffic(ahem, children) around your kitchen before dinnertime.
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 2-3 cups cooked chicken try this Slow Cooker Chicken Recipe ~ you'll have extras to make this and possibly a few more meals
- 1 can Ro-Tel I use the chunky Ro-tel, try substituting with a cup of salsa if you’re all out of Rotel
- 15 oz. chicken broth
- 1 can cream of chicken condensed soup
- 1 can corn drained
- 1 can black beans
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- tortilla chips
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- Dump first ten ingredients into crock pot
- Cook on low, 6-8 hours.
- Place tortilla chips in bowls. Pour soup over tortilla chips, top with cheddar cheese & sour cream, if desired.
- Enjoy, and freeze any leftovers for a busy night this winter!
2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK!
Download your FREE 2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.