I'm making this one for our family tomorrow and will update this picture ~ the soup is delicious, although that picture from my iPhone last summer is a little rough! 🙂
This has got to be my favorite slow cooker soup recipe ever. While I love some taco soup and some potato soup also (really, they're so good too!), this is the one that I always come back to on a busy night when I just need something simple to dump in Mrs. Potts.
If you don't have a slow cooker (you really need to get one . . .), but you could also easily cook this one on the stovetop for a few hours instead. I promise, you'll love it, and enjoy every yummy bite!
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 2-3 cups cooked chicken Tyson Fully Cooked Chicken Breast, Fajita Strips or Roasted Diced Chicken Breast or Seasoned Steak Strips On Sale $3 at Publix, or use whole roasting chicken on sale $1.29/lb and cook ahead of time
- 1 can Ro-Tel Advantage Buy $1.79 at Publix through 10/12/12, use 0.50/2 Ro*Tel Diced Tomatoes, exp. 10/28/12 (SS 09/16/12 R)
- 15 oz. chicken broth College Inn Chicken Broth On Sale $1.80 at Publix, use $1/2 College Inn Broth
- 1 can cream of chicken condensed soup
- 1 can corn, drained we substituted with frozen corn
- 1 can black beans
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- tortilla chips
- sour cream Friendship Sour Cream Advantage Buy $1.29
- shredded cheese Sargento Shredded Cheese $3 at Publix, use $1.50/2 Sargento Shredded Cheese (Publix Printable) or found in store stacked with
- Dump first ten ingredients into slow cooker (aka, my best friend Mrs. Potts)
- Cook on low, 6-8 hours.
- Place tortilla chips in bowls. Pour soup over tortilla chips, then add cheddar cheese & sour cream, if desired.
- Enjoy, and freeze any leftovers for a busy night this winter!
THE ULTIMATE PRICE COMPARISON SHEET
Download your FREE cheat sheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.