I'm not sure that this is all that much of a recipe, but since it's one of my children's favorites I thought I'd share it with you! These are an easy way to skip the drive-thru on a busy weeknight, and instead feed your kids a quick meal right at home.
When I made these Monday night, my kids begged for more, and asked why they weren't on the weekly menu plan. (Of course, I have a few peanut butter lovers at home!) While I do try to make slightly more substantial meals most of the time (because I'm supposed to, right?) it is fun to make my kids a simple treat, and they were so good that I gobbled down every bite of mine too. 😉
Peanut Butter Quesadillas
- large flour tortillas Use $0.45/1 Azteca Ultragrain Tortillas, exp. 10/31/12 (SS 10/23/11 R)
- 1 tbsp. butter or margarine
- peanut butter Peter Pan Peanut Butter BOGO $3.30 at Publix
- jelly (for dipping, optional)
- sliced bananas or raisins (optional)
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Spread peanut butter on half the tortilla, then fold over. (If you want to add bananas or raisins, put those on top of the peanut butter before folding.)
- Cook on medium heat for about 3-4 minutes per side, until lightly golden. (Don't burn them, like I did on one of ours!) 😉
- Cut into sixths with pizza cutter, and enjoy!
Serve with. . .
- Canteloupe on sale $2 at Publix
- Strawberries On Sale $2.50 at Publix
Looking for a few more peanut butter recipes? Check these out.
Interact with 8922+ Penny Pinchers on Facebook and Twitter or Subscribe to Passionate Penny Pincher by email to keep up with all the penny pinchin’ deals, and don't forget ot enter to win a Kindle Fire!
CHRISTMAS MADE EASY!
Download your FREE Ultimate Christmas Checklist now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.