I have a confession to make: I tried out a new recipe yesterday in Mrs. Potts to post for you, and it completely bombed at our house. (Each night after we eat dinner, I look at my husband and ever-so-sweetly ask “Umm… is this one good enough to share on PPP?”) It doesn't happen very often, but last night he let me know that our meal did not need to make it over here, so I found a few recipes that I posted way back in 2010 that we absolutely loved, and decided to share them with you again. (WHEW!)
This was probably one of our absolute favorite chicken recipes from a website called Full Bellies Happy Kids. While she is no longer posting, you can find some absolutely delicious meals over on her site, and I definitely recommend you taking a look around while you're there! Here's the recipe (yummmmm . . . )
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Ritz crackers, crushed Ritz Crackers BOGO $2.99, at Publix Use $1/2 Nabisco Crackers printable
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder, or 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts $2.24/lb at Publix or $2.79 lb at Bi-Lo; you can also get the Gold’N Plump All Fresh Chicken Breasts 20 oz for $4.99 at Target and use this $1.50/2 Gold’N Plump All Fresh or Frozen Chicken printable stacked with $1.50/2 Gold’N Plump Chicken Item Target printable
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into bits Use $0.75 off 1 lb. of LAND O LAKES Half Stick Butter
- Preheat the oven to 375. Place eggs in shallow bowl, and cracker crumbs in another shallow bowl.
- Mix garlic powder (or garlic salt) and pepper with cracker crumbs.
- Dip the chicken breast in the egg, then in the cracker crumb mixture, coating them well.
- Place in 9×13 baking dish and drop pieces of butter all around the chicken.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until chicken is no longer pink and the crumbs are nicely browned.
Serve with . . .
- Mashed Potatoes Florida Red Potatoes, 5 lb bag, 2.99 at Publix or 5 lb. bag Russet Potatoes just $2.50 at Winn- Dixie
- Fresh Express Salad Kits BOGO $3.99 at Publix
- Stockpiled Canned or Frozen Veggies I don't see any great deals this week!
Looking for more ideas of what to do with that bargain chicken breast this week? Try out my favorite chicken marinade recipe on the grill!
Thanks so much to Full Bellies Happy Kids for this yummy recipe. Visit I Heart Publix for more coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals! If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.
LOW CALORIE MENU PLAN SAMPLE!
Download 3 FREE recipes from the low calorie menu plan NOW!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.