Since Nestle Chocolate Chips are BOGO this week at Publix (which are just about my favorite BOGO item ever), I knew I had to come up with some thing to do with them! (As if that's hard for this Nestle-Tollhouse-Morsel-lovin'-mama . . . ha!)
I had seen this idea for Chocolate Dipped Candy Canes on Pinterest, and when I realized that the Toll House Morsels and the Nestle Hot Cocoa Mix was on sale, I knew these would make great inexpensive gifts for neighbors, friends, or teachers. . . or to enjoy in your home. 🙂 Here's what you'll need . . .
Chocolate Dipped Candy Canes
- 1 bag semi-sweet Nestle Toll House Morsels $0.50/2 Nestle Toll House Morsels printable or $1/2 Nestle Toll House Morsels, exp. 12/31/11 (RP 11/06/11)
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 24 candy canes
- Nestle Hot Cocoa Mix BOGO at Publix, surprising low price (to give with the candy canes)
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening in microwave for 30 seconds, stir. Melt an additional 30 seconds and continue to stir every thirty seconds until completely melted.
- Unwrap peppermint candy canes from the crook end to the center (leave the rest of the wrapper on so that you can work with it).
- Dip candy canes in chocolate & let excess drizzle off.
- Put candy canes in floral foam (some folks are just brilliant!) and let cool in fridge.
- Wrap in plastic and give with some packages of BOGO hot chocolate. 🙂
- Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Hello Dollies
- Peanut Butter Balls
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- Homemade Granola Bars
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Decadent Blondie Brownies
- Chocolate Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies
- Easy Marshmallow Fudge
- Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie
- Homemade Chocolatey Rice Krispy Treats
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cake