(see exactly which groceries I purchased this week over HERE ~ the only thing I may head to the store for is extra salad)
I received this question about our grocery trips this week over on Facebook, and thought I'd take a second to reply here! Here's the question and how we make it work:
Hi Heather! Here's what we're having – what helps is that I kind of rotate stock in my kitchen so don't buy everything every week, just what we're low on for that week (if that makes sense?) If I see a great sale week I stock up on extras (usually when I'm shopping Kroger during a Mega Sale) which means I don't need everything each week.
So right now we have plenty of cereal and granola bars for kids breakfast and snacks because of a sale last month. I'll need to re-stock on chicken next week but am hoping to find a better sale (and we have a bag of frozen chicken in the freezer to get us through until then. Here's our menu plan:
- Wednesday – my husband called and wanted to take us out to dinner. I agreed. (‘nuf said, however we did have leftover soup and grilled cheese on the menu plan before he called) 🙂
- Thursday – Ravioli, salad, homemade bread
- Friday – Aldi pizza
- Saturday – pork loin, red potatoes, veggies (pork loin is in freezer ~ my husband has been promising to smoke it for us and we still had the red potatoes left over from last week's sale)
- Sunday – dinner out
- Monday – One Skillet Pizza Pasta Casserole (we had sausage in the freezer that I bought on sale a month ago and it needs to get eaten up!)
- Tuesday – Pork chops, baked potatoes, veggies, salad
So by buying everything on sale at the best price I don't do massive huge grocery trips each week ~ I take stock of our pantry and fridge before heading out to figure out what we really need, then plan accordingly. Hope that helps!
Do you want to change your grocery budget? Check out the Ultimate Guide to a Better Grocery Budget Series, and don't miss these 10 grocery budget busters that may be killing your budget.
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.