Note to self: pictures of eggs just aren't real pretty. (Sorry, guys!)
Lately the meat deals at Publix (and just about everywhere . . . ) have been far from amazing. So, what to do? Think of a few options where meat only plays a small part of your meal! It'll save you quite a few pennies, and it's a great way to clear out some veggies from your fridge.
- 8 eggs Publix Large Eggs, Grade A, 18-ct, (limit 4 deals) – $2.00
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. seasoning salt
- 3 ounces cooked ham, diced Smithfield Smoked Ham, On Sale $2.99/lb (we actually made this without any meat and it was still yummy, plus pinched a few extra pennies!)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese Publix Shredded Cheese 8-oz pkg $2.49, use $1/2 Market Pantry Shredded or Block Cheese Target printable (no longer printing check your coupons)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (If you only have cheddar, you can substitute with cheddar and leave the mozzarella out)
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 cup green pepper optional, our local farmer's market had them for $.50 each, so I've been stocking up!
- 1/4 cup onion, optional Sweet Onions, $.99/lb
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, optional Baby Portabella Sliced Mushrooms 8-oz pkg -$1.69 (I had a bunch leftover from last week's Beef Stroganoff recipe, so they were perfect!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 8×8 inch casserole & set aside.
- Beat together milk & eggs, then add seasoning salt, ham, cheeses, minced onion, green pepper, mushrooms & onion.
- Bake in uncovered dish for 350 from 40-45 minutes.
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.