Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
I made my all time favorite Paula Deen Not Your Momma's Banana Pudding a few weeks ago for a get-together, and had to share it with you! While I've made this before here on PPP, this time I went all out and bought the Pepperidge Farm Chessman Cookies (they were on sale at Kroger with an eCoupon, so I determined they were a worthwhile splurge?) Oh. my. word.
Now, my hubby loves his traditional vanilla wafers better (he likes that they get a little soggy underneath the pudding.) But I'm telling you what, those buttery little Chessman were just fine by me, and I liked that they didn't turn soggy so soon. 😉
Find out why Paula calls it Not Your Momma's over HERE (I loved watching the video this morning) and you can even follow right along with her as she makes it. This recipe is fantastic, such a crowd pleaser, and absolutely a must-try-recipe for any banana pudding lover you know! Here are the directions so you can get started . . .
Paula Deen Not Your Momma’s Banana Pudding
- 12- ounce container frozen whipped topping thawed or equal amount sweetened whip
- 14- ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 8- ounce package cream cheese softened
- 2 cup milk
- 5- ounce box instant French vanilla pudding I could only find plain old vanilla and that worked just fine!
- 6-8 bananas sliced
- 2 bags Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies or vanilla wafers
- Put a bag of cookies (or vanilla wafers) on the bottom of a 13x9x2 inch dish, then slice bananas and layer on top.
- Combine milk & pudding mix, and blend well using a mixer.
- In separate bowl, combine cream cheese & condensed milk and mix until smooth.
- Gently add in whipped topping to cream cheese mixture.
- Mix cream cheese mixture with pudding mixture and stir until well blended.
- Pour mixture over the cookies & bananas, and then cover with another layer of cookies.
- Put in refrigerator until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Here are the best sales I see to watch for this week (as of 7/23/14):
- Peppperidge Farm Cookies on sale at Publix, use $1.50/1 coupon from the Publix Grocery Advantage Buy Flier
- Kroger Cream Cheese $1
- Whipped Topping $.89 at Aldi
And, if you love banana recipes like me, be sure to try out this Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. I'm thinking it will be my next big treat to make as it's been awhile since we've had it. Yum!
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.