Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
I've found the perfect burger for you when it's too cold outside to grill.
You're welcome. 😉
We don't eat hamburgers all that often in the winter, but these taste so good that they're worth the extra effort! And, since I have a tiny obsession with slider sandwiches (they're the perfect size for my kids to decide if they just want one or two), these were just a great weeknight meal.
There really isn't all that much to them beyond a regular burger, but the special sauce (and some French's onions if you're really going all out), make them a little more exciting than your regular weeknight meal. I ended up shaping the burgers in muffin cups like the original recipe suggested (it made it easy to come out with the right portions), but think you could probably skip this step if you have a good idea of what the size of your burger should be.
Here's what you'll need to get started . . .
Mini Sliders with Secret Sauce
- 1 pound ground beef
- muffin liners optional, but this makes them easier to portion
- salt and pepper
- slider buns
- dijon mustard
- extra toppings optional - lettuce, onions, tomatoes, cheese, French's onions
- Divide ground beef into 8 portions.
- Place muffin liners in muffin tin - sprinkle each cup with salt and pepper.
- Shape each portion of beef into a ball and place in lined muffin cup. Season with salt and pepper on top.
- Add another liner on top of the meat and push down to form the burger (I skipped this step and just formed the burgers with my hands.)
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat and cook burgers in hot skillet until slightly browned (3 minutes) then flip over and cook another 2-3 minutes until cooked through.
- Mix mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, and relish in a small bowl to make the sauce.
- Add burger to slider bun, top with secret sauce as well as any other toppings and enjoy!
Here are the best sales I see to watch for this week (as of 11/12/14):
- Kroger Mayo $3.49 when you buy 10 participating Mega Sale items, use $.75/1 Kraft Mayo
- Kroger Slider Buns $1.49
- Publix Hunt's Ketchup $.93
- French's Dijon Mustard $1.97 at Walmart, use $.75/1 French's coupon
SCHOOL SUPPLY PRICE CHEAT SHEET!
Download your FREE cheat sheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.