The deals are a bit slow today, and my kids are home from school so we're heading out jeans shopping. (Apparently in Ohio you need jeans in September ~ yikes!) If you missed this over the weekend, hopefully it will help you get on track for the week too. 😉
Here's this week's menu plan and grocery shopping list! Hopefully it makes getting dinner on your table a wee bit easier this week ~ I know sticking to a menu plan has helped our family eat at home and stick to our grocery budget so much these last few weeks.
If you're hoping to get on track too, check out my Fall Menu Planning board on Pinterest where I've got all the links to the recipes we're eating each week. Head on over HERE to check that out, and I'd love for you to join all the PPP boards on Pinterest too.
- Monday – Breakfast for Dinner ~ eggs, bacon, fresh fruit, pumpkin bread (we don't have school Monday, and my kids love breakfast for dinner nights so this will be a fun treat!)
- Tuesday – Mushroom & Swiss Chicken, roasted potatoes, green beans, salad (update: we didn't love this recipe, but like Jennifer suggested in the comments, I think it would have been better if I'd marinated it throughout the day in this marinade)
- Wednesday – Skinny Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Soup, salad, tortilla chips & salsa
- Thursday -leftover buffet
- Friday – Red Robin's Barbecue Chicken Wraps, fresh fruit
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 4 sliced Swiss cheese
- 1 lb ground beef
- eggs (enough for breakfast for dinner and 4 eggs for pumpkin bread)
- bacon (will use for breakfast for dinner, and save a few slices for Red Robin Wraps as well)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (use fat free if you want to make Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Soup the “skinny” way)
- pre-cooked & sliced chicken breast (I've used Tyson Chicken Strips before, or you can pre-cook your own for Red Robin Wraps)
- fresh fruit
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 onions
- 1/4 cup celery
- green onion
- 8 oz. package fresh mushrooms
- bag red potatoes
- green beans (fresh, canned or frozen – side dish on Tuesday)
- 1 package flour tortillas (to make Red Robin wraps I use Mission Tortillas Spinach Wraps)
- light ranch dressing
- barbecue sauce
- tortilla strips or French's onions
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- tortilla chips
- 15 oz can pumpkin
- olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- cajun-style seasoning
- baking soda
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.