I have a confession to make.
I have oh-so-fallen off the menu planning train.
My poor family has lived on a mix of pb&j sandwiches, breakfast for dinner, and even the occasional cereal-or-ice-cream-can-really-count as a meal night.
I know. I'm horrified too.
I've done a lot of traveling the last few weeks, the kids are busy with band, soccer, volleyball and tumbling, and menu planning has been so very low on my priority list.
But today that's changing. 🙂
Our Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday nights are jammed packed, so I'm going to see if I can manage to do well enough the other nights to make up at least some for those nights where there's no time to prepare a big meal. Here's what I'm planning:
- Monday – Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Roll Ups, salad, garlic bread
- Tuesday – Taco Tuesday (will use slow cooker taco meat)
- Wednesday – Chicken Pot Pie Empanadas, salad (my daughter actually requested this one – it's her favorite!)
- Thursday – Leftover Buffet
- Friday – Dinner out (football game!)
- bagged salad
- Taco Seasoning packet
- 2 lbs. ground beef (get more if you'd like to make extra to freeze)
- 4 cups cooked, shredded chicken (I cooked a whole chicken last week using this recipe so it's already cooked)
- garlic powder
- garlic salt
- salt, pepper
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 10-ounce box frozen peas and carrots
- 2 refrigerated 9-inch piecrusts
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 2 ½ cups alfredo sauce or homemade recipe
- 3 cups shredded Mozzarella
- taco fixings – taco shells, lettuce, shredded cheese, tomato, salsa, sour cream
2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK!
Download your FREE 2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.