Here's this week's menu plan and grocery shopping list! Hopefully it makes getting dinner on your table a wee bit easier this week ~ I know sticking to a menu plan has helped our family eat at home and stick to our grocery budget so much these last few weeks.
This is the last week in our no spend grocery challenge before Spring Break, so we're keeping it simple here. I'll head out shopping Tuesday at Kroger before their mega sale ends (I need to stock up on Quaker Granola Bars because my kids eat those for snacks all. the. time.) and we're just about out of cereal so it's a great time to take advantage of the sale and re-stock the pantry.
I make our menu plan and grocery list on the weekends, and will share those over on my new Pinterest Menu Planning Board (I would love for you to join me there!) You can also use this handy dandy free printable google doc for you to print if you’d like to follow our menu plan – hopefully it makes your life a little simpler this week (let me know if you like it!) If you’re new to Google Docs, here’s how to print your list:
- Open the document HERE
- Click “file” in the top left hand corner of the screen
- Click “print” at the bottom of that menu and print your list
Here's this week's menu plan . . .
- Monday – Chicken Enchiladas, salad
- Tuesday – Meat Lover's Slow Cooker Spaghetti, salad
- Wednesday – Chicken Slow Cooker Chili
- Thursday – Leftover Buffet
- Friday – Grilled hamburgers, carrot sticks & chips
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/4 pound Italian bulk Italian sausage
- hamburger meat for hamburgers
- 1 lb dry navy beans
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (4 oz) chopped green chili
- 2 cups cooked chicken (can substitute with cooked turkey)
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 small onions
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 29 oz can tomato sauce
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 14.5 oz can Italian style diced tomatoes
- 14.5 can Italian style stewed tomatoes
- 1 box spaghetti
- hamburger buns
- green bell pepper
- 1/2 pint sour cream + additional sour cream for topping chili
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (1 3/4 cups for enchiladas and additional cheese for topping chili)
- 8 flour tortillas
- olive oil
- minced garlic
- carrot sticks (side for hamburgers)
- chips (side for hamburgers)
- Italian herb seasoning
- 3 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp marjoram (I probably will omit this from the spaghetti recipe)
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 2 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 tbsp chili powder
BLACK FRIDAY CHEAT SHEET!
Download your FREE cheat sheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.